I Leave For India Sun. On The Most Dangerous Rescue Mission

02 Mar 2012 14:02 #1 by JOYInternational
I Leave For India This Sunday On The Most Dangerous Rescue Mission I've Ever Been On
I truly covet your prayers from March 4th - 21st.

This Sunday, I depart for India where I will be going undercover with my rescue team. To give you an understanding of how dangerous these rescue operations are - just a few days ago, the youngest member of our India Team was discovered as a rescue operative. His name is Raj (name changed for security). He's in his early 20's. When Raj was found out, the brothel owner had him severely beaten. He was hospitalized with bruises all over his face and severe bleeding. Thank God he pulled through and is now out of the hospital and healing. I'm meeting with him next week.

Although this is one of the brothels where young children have been discovered, this episode has not caused me one second of changing my mind about going and yes... even into this very same brothel. No, I'm not a martyr, I'm not a hero and I'm not crazy (as some people think).

Many have spoken these words to me: "Jeff, why are you so obsessed with rescuing these children? It's not your child!"

It's true. The child we rescue is not my child. It's God's child. His creation, and He has spoken to my heart and spirit and asked me to do this - for Him. How can I say no when I look into the faces of these children and see the face of my granddaughter?

In Isaiah 1:17 the Lord tells us to "seek justice. and to defend the fatherless" - The children being held as sex slaves are crying out for rescue... for justice... and for freedom. If we don't do something to set them free - who will?

Is it worth it? Ask one of these girls who were rescued by a partner team we worked with last year. I don't even have to think about it.

If it would be worth the effort to rescue a child of your own - isn't it worth it for a child of God?

President/Founder
JOY International

No man is worth his salt who is not ready at all times to risk his well-being, to risk his body, to risk his life, in a great cause. ~ Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

Many who receive this newsletter have not done anything to financially help our rescue efforts. It's not too late to help with the major expenses associated with a rescue operation of this magnitude. You can help with any size donation by simply clicking the Donate link below. ~
Just Click the
File Attachment:
Button
All gifts to JOY International are tax-deductible

JOY International
P.O. Box 571
Conifer, CO 80433

Phone: 303.838.0880

Website
Facebook
Twitter
DONATE!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Mar 2012 11:26 #2 by JOYInternational
What It Takes To Rescue A Girl From A Brothel In India? Is It Really Worth It? Yes, She’s Worth It!

I am writing this from India while on an undercover rescue operation with our team.

Many people ask me what it takes to actually do a rescue. As briefly as possible, here’s just a little of what it takes.

The rescue mission I’m currently on began several months ago when I contacted James, my Director of Operations here in India and instructed him to begin a Rescue Mission. He got the team in place to begin the planning for undercover investigations. That meant the paying of salaries for the Director along with 3 other field operatives. While they’d love to do this for free, they have families to support.

So the investigations began. That meant going into the Dance Bars and Brothels searching for the youngest girls they could find. Some of the expenses included travel, hotels (just cheap, $10 a night hotels), food (meals that very few reading this would eat), tips and various other expenses. Then there’s the phone and communication costs along with hidden cameras. Just to let you know, the travel I mentioned is not flying. The team here will hop on a bus for 12 hours one way to get to a particular city.

On this operation there was the added expense of medical care for one of our precious team members who was hospitalized after a brutal beating when he was discovered. He was back doing investigations within 2 weeks. I had dinner with him last night and he is fine. He will not be intimidated or deterred.

In the meantime, there’s another team back in the United States (headed by me), that has to raise the funds for all of this. This is all in addition to the expense of me joining the team in India.

All of these expenses are before the girl is even rescued. Once a girl is rescued there’s the expenses of medical exams, counselors and aftercare. It amounts to thousands of dollars.

By the time I reached Mumbai, India I had traveled more than 45 hours. I could have gone to a hotel in Bangkok during a layover there, but chose to save the $100 to use on a couple of good meals for the team in India. The first was last night and it was worth the wait.

With all the expense that it takes to rescue children from slavery, you can see why there are just a handful of organizations willing to do the work that JOY International does in actual rescue. We don’t talk about rescuing children – we do it. My Director here shared with me that many of the top rescue organizations still advertise they do rescues, but stopped because of the major expense and extreme danger. We could only come up with about 4 that still do rescues. That’s in a country of a billion people.

So, Is It Worth It? Yes, She’s Worth It!
While sitting in the various airports in Denver, Los Angeles, Bangkok and India, I watched the hundreds of people walking around who had no clue that I was on a mission to rescue children forced to be a slave in a brothel. With billions of people living on earth, I wondered if months of preparation for this rescue operation along with the many hours of travel was worth it. Is it really worth the effort that goes into a rescue operation for a child that hardly anyone knows? Even I don’t know her. I don’t know her age. I don’t know her name. I don’t know what she looks like. But none of that mattered or changed the way I felt about her and what was happening to her. I didn’t have to think about it very long before this verse came to me: “Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Dont be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.” – Luke 12:7

God created the child we are trying to rescue. He knows her name. He knows what she looks like and He knows the number of hairs on her head. Even as I write this, He also knows where she is and the abuse she is suffering. That’s not what she was created for.

Yes my friend. Yes my brother. Yes my sister. It is absolutely worth every moment of speaking about this atrocity across America and around the globe. It’s worth all the pleading, begging and whatever it takes to try and motivate people to action in helping me raise the necessary funds for her rescue. Yes, even as I hit a milestone today of being barefoot for 600 days. Whether it be for one, two, five, ten or one thousand children, it’s worth it. God loves that child and longs to see her set free. He wants to comfort her and to dry her tears.

It’s written in Psalms 126:5: “Those who sow with tears, will reap with songs of joy.”

Your joy is coming child. Your joy is coming. God truly loves you and so do I. You are worth it all.

~ Dr. Jeff Brodsky from Mumbai, India

UPDATE:

Our mission was a success! 24 girls were rescued, some not minors, but held as sex slaves nonetheless. We could not do it without your support and prayers, thank you all!

JOY International
P.O. Box 571
Conifer, CO 80433

Phone: 303.838.0880

Website
Facebook
Twitter
DONATE!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds