We Save Children! So Can You - June 3rd, 2-4pm, Beaver Ranch

01 Jun 2012 09:12 #1 by JOYInternational
It's been an exciting few months for JOY International! With generous support from caring individuals and businesses, we have rescued 54 girls from brothels in India! These girls have been placed into our safe homes and are receiving the care and rehabilitation they need in order to heal and become strong again.

We need your help! Your donations go directly to saving these children. We do not pass GO, we do not STOP to collect $200, we immediately spend it where it is needed - on those suffering unimaginable abuses.

Please come to our presentation this Sunday at Conifer Community Park at Beaver Ranch to learn more about how you can help. Yes, YOU can help! In a direct and measured way. I will show a short presentation that is safe for children to view, update everyone one my recent efforts (successes and failures), and my goals for the future. And they are oh so grand! Then you may ask any questions you like of me.

We are looking for help to get our big fundraiser off the ground - the Barefoot, Bluegrass, and Barbecue Festival this August 4th at Conifer Community Park from 11am-6pm. We've got several wonderful bluegrass bands lined up all donating their time for free, including our very own awesomely talented Mountain Holler, and Jeff Scroggins & Colorado, with The Farewell Drifters headlining. See here for more info: http://www.joy.org/events.html
This is going to be THE event of the summer - please join us, you CAN make a difference in the life of a child!

Blessings to you all

JOY International
P.O. Box 571
Conifer, CO 80433

Phone: 303.838.0880

Website
Facebook
Twitter
DONATE!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Jun 2012 09:27 #2 by ScienceChic
Just a reminder for this afternoon's presentation at the Park. I know this is a subject that is easy to ignore thinking that it doesn't impact us here, but it does. You'd be surprised at how close to home Dr. Brodsky's work has come.
Child Trafficking Statistics U.S.

14 accused of trafficking children for sex across Colorado
9News
Jan 30, 2012

Human and child trafficking on the rise
Sunday, February 12, 2012
Tri-Lakes Tribune, Monument, CO

Truckers Mobilize Against Child Trafficking
The Denver Channel, January 31, 2012

Up until now much of his work has been international, but he is now expanding his efforts here in Colorado, and the rest of the U.S., because the children here deserve as much as help as children elsewhere. Did you know that there are less than 100 beds available for rescued children here in the U.S.? That's atrocious. But to build more safe houses, and build rescue teams, and provide counseling and job skill training to rescuees, it requires support - hands-on volunteers and monetary. If you don't already have plans, please come to the presentation today. I guarantee you will leave knowing that you can make a real difference in a child's life. I already feel like I have and it's inspired me to do more! I'll see you there!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds