Collection King Soopers Sat. 9-15 10AM-2PM

14 Sep 2012 07:14 #1 by Blazer Bob
Troop Support Action Committee (TSAC) announces the shipment of goodies pictured below to troop units in Afghanistan this morning, September 13.

Please take this as a big Thank You for all of you generous folks in our mountain community who have been making the mission happen!

All of you who have stopped to chat with us at the displays at King Soopers, Safeway, and both VFW Post breakfasts - YOU deserve the gratitude of the Troops!

We will be "Showing the Flag" at King Soopers and collecting more items for the troops on Saturday, 15 September, from 10am to 2pm.
Please stop by to chat with us!

RailBuf and I got 20 boxes to the Bailey Post Office this morning and off to the TWO units we are currently supporting!
That's right! I said TWO!
We collected a new Army unit in Afghanistan by way of our presentation at VFW Post 8661 Famous Breakfast!
This is timely as our Recon Marine unit just got notice that they are due to ride the Freedom Bird sometime in November! (GREAT NEWS by itself!)

That is 210 pounds at a cost of about $1.26/pound.
Thank you for the cash you donated at our collection events which goes to pay the postage!

The 10 boxes on the left are going to the Marines and should get there well before they rotate home.
The 10 on the right are headed to our newly adopted Army unit.
Even the four brown boxes going by Space Available Mail should get there in two to five weeks.
I hope to soon have more information that I can release on the Army unit.

TSAC is a "small charity" under IRS 501(c)(3) and donations are tax deductible.
Checks should be payable to: TSAC and mailed to: TSAC, P.O. Box 1033, Bailey, CO 80421-1033
Or - you can see us at King Soopers and drop spare change and/or snack and hygiene items in our collection box.
Come and look at some of the photos of troops we have supported over the last six years.
They are grateful for what you have given and it truly helps their morale!

http://www.pinecam.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 3130efd4fe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds