11 boxes to Afghanistan

10 Jun 2013 12:01 #1 by Blazer Bob
Thanks to the generosity of our mountain community, TSAC was able to ship 11 APO Flat Rate boxes off to Afghanistan on Friday, 7 June, 2013.

TSAC is currently supporting two Army units still conducting operations in the "danger zones" of that country.
This shipment weighed in at 135 pounds and contained snacks and comfort items.
All of these items were donated to TSAC at our collections at King Soopers and into our colorful "Support Our Troops" boxes at King Soopers and Safeway.
The funds used for postage are from donations at these collections and at events such as the latest Rhubarb Festival.

TSAC will have a booth at Bailey Day and will display our "Wall of Heroes" and be available to explain just what TSAC is doing.

Please come down to Bailey Day and stop by to see us.

Thank you!

http://www.pinecam.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 0&t=171903

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Jun 2013 14:17 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic 11 boxes to Afghanistan
Good job! Now they need us more than ever as support staff is being drawn down. :fwave:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

10 Jun 2013 15:10 #3 by deltamrey
Replied by deltamrey on topic 11 boxes to Afghanistan
From my experiences in 'Nam....this next 12-24 months is exceptionally dangerous in the entire Middle East. Kabul attack recently (airport as reported) is an example. The radicals are more active than ever and our leadership at home is weak......WEAK.....WEAK......WEAK......and corrupt.....

10 Jun 2013 15:14 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic 11 boxes to Afghanistan
I have to agree with Delta. As we draw down, the bad guys are going to get one more lick in on us. (or more.) And as we draw down, the troops won't have as much support as other units depart and create gaps in protection.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds