SPECIAL REQUEST! Will you buy me a pair of Flip-Flops for just $1?

16 Jul 2015 21:18 #1 by JOYInternational
BAREFOOT DAY 1,823 - Posting from Phnom Penh, Cambodia. It's now just 3 days before my 5 year anniversary of the day I made a decision that would change my life forever - to live barefoot in solidarity with children around the world who are at high risk of being trafficked into the world of commercial sexual exploitation. THE worst crime ever perpetrated against children since the dawn of creation.

I HAVE A VERY SPECIAL REQUEST! Will you buy me a pair of shoes? I’ll make it easy. Will you buy me a pair of Flip-Flops for just $1? YES, I am very serious. This week I will be going out to the villages where there are many children whose parents cannot even afford a pair of flip-flops, or the ones they have are so old they don't fit anymore. Mostly, it's for children who don't have any. My dear friend John Yoder and his wife Sotey of Reaching Kids International (RKI) will be helping me distribute 5kg bags of rice to nearly 200 families. Those families represent close to 500 children. That's about the number of Flip-Flops we are going to purchase and distribute. So, in case you're wondering, the Flip-Flops you are buying me are not for me to wear, they are to give away to these children. Any funds that come in above and beyond what is needed will go towards the work we are doing with Agape International Missions (AIM) and the 10b Rice bags we're giving to over 300 families this week with them, as well as to 170 more families with RKI.

So what do you say? Will you buy me a pair of Flip-Flops for just $1? You can buy 1 pair, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, all 500 or any amount you would like. It would be a nice 5 year anniversary gift that I will not use, but will give to precious children in need. All I’ll receive is the JOY of knowing that my living barefoot is truly making a difference.

All donations received during the next 72 hours will be for this project.
You can help us buy the Flip-Flops by going here: www.joy.org/donate.html
You do NOT need a PayPal account to donate!

JOY International
P.O. Box 571
Conifer, CO 80433

Phone: 303.838.0880

Website
Facebook
Twitter
DONATE!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jul 2015 14:46 #2 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds