resources for learning/using R programming language for data analysis

15 Apr 2016 10:06 #1 by JeremyAllen
Does anyone up here use the R programming language for data analysis? I've been using some online tutorials and teaching it to myself. If you are using R, what are your favorite online and print resources for learning?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2016 10:14 #2 by JeremyAllen

15 Apr 2016 13:34 #3 by Something the Dog Said
I am curious as to why R over Python? R is supposedly easier to learn and may have better visualization tools, but Python appears to be better settled in general programming. Just curious.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown
The following user(s) said Thank You: JeremyAllen

15 Apr 2016 14:33 #4 by JeremyAllen
I want to learn Python, too.

Coworkers exposed me to R first, so that's where I began. Also, I was exposed to R in the context of doing statistical research. Everything I read says that R is the most adept language for statistical research. Since that is my main interest I want to get a good handle on R now.

Also, everything I have read says Python is easier to learn, so I definitely want to give it a try. But for now, I am sticking with R until I get to comfortable place where I can easily do data mining and statistical modeling with it. Then I'll branch out to Python.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds