"Bailey Bar" is now open!

17 Jun 2010 18:27 #1 by pineinthegrass
Kevin and Tom, formally at Sweet Fanny Adams, opened a new restaurant at the "Old" Bailey Bar yesterday (Wed).

We had lunch there today and really like it. The lunch menu is similar to what they had at SFA, but instead of one burger, they now have about five varieties. They still have most of the other sandwiches and pasta as well.

For dinner, they offer steaks, chicken, and fish. Plus salads and desert.

They are still awaiting their liquor license. They should get it in July.

They cleaned the place up and it's real nice inside. Nice and bright.

They are looking for a new name for the place, and are having a contest for the best one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jun 2010 18:32 #2 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic "Bailey Bar" is now open!
Great news , hated seeing that spot closed for so long. Will try it soon

24 Jun 2010 08:29 #3 by I am Woman
Clean and bright is so important for a restaurant! I won't eat at a place that's less that sparkling clean. I also like an abundance of natural light. This sounds like a restaurant I would like.

24 Jun 2010 08:36 #4 by The Viking
Great to hear. Thanks!

24 Jun 2010 10:06 #5 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic "Bailey Bar" is now open!
They also serve their dinner entrees at lunch if you wanna go that route. The burgers are still huge and come with fries. You pick what kind. The place really is clean and bright.

30 Jun 2010 13:31 #6 by pastorgreg
Howdy friends & neighbors!
I spoke with Tom last week and Mountain Holler is going to be performing at the Ol' Bailey Bar on July 17th and 31st (Bailey Day) ... love to play for the "hometown crowd"!

Visit our webpage where you can download 11 songs - FREE! You can also see our schedule, videos of our performances, etc.!

[url=http://www.mountainhollerbluegrass.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.mountainhollerbluegrass.com[/url]

08 Jul 2010 11:54 #7 by CC
Replied by CC on topic "Bailey Bar" is now open!
Love your music. Thanks for the link.
More than a name on the wall made me tear up.

09 Jul 2010 14:22 #8 by Mtn Gramma
The new name is Black Bear Steakhouse. The food is excellent, price is reasonable, restaurant is clean, child's menu available and has something for every picky appetite. I'm going to blow my food budget!

23 Jul 2010 10:30 #9 by Mtn Gramma
How things change in just a couple of weeks! Very disappointing meal last night for both of us, disappointing to the point that I'm not sure if we'll be going back.

24 Jul 2010 15:27 #10 by pineinthegrass
Over at PC, it was posted that the chef would be out for two weeks due to some family issue. But then it was posted he may no longer be with them. The topic got closed at PC (why not move it if it's off topic?), so now I don't really know what's going on.

There were also posts about the place being closed a day due to internal issues, and also computer issues.

Anyway, it's not a good sign. If the head waiter is also doing the cooking, I could see why there may be issues over there now.

Hopefully things get settled and the chef comes back in the next week!

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds