The Great Debate - Pizza

24 Jul 2011 09:52 #11 by MellowYellow
I personally don't do anything but the "usual" on a pizza -certainly NO pineapple and ham!!! I didn't even care for the "taco" pizza Neptunechimney loved!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jul 2011 18:12 #12 by ComputerBreath
Love mushrooms on pizza. Fresh mushrooms, not the canned kind.

My favorite is from Anthony's which are located on military bases. They serve a bacon, mushroom, cheeseburger that is fantabulous. I also will do pineapple and ham (canadian bacon) or pineapple, mandarin oranges, and ham. Breakfast and desert pizzas are good, too.

My gut and bowels make it difficult for me to do anything remotely spicy (pepperoni, Italian Sausage or anything obviously spicy). And the only other vegetable I'll do is black olives... The smell of anchovies makes me push the pizza away. I like shrimp on pizza. I don't care for thin crust or an overabundance of tomato sauce.

I haven't found a place near where I live that I adore, though Giampietro's in Breckenridge is decent.

24 Jul 2011 18:39 #13 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic The Great Debate - Pizza
I get them half baked and uncut then put my homemade meatballs (sliced) on top with my sauce and fresh mozz. Great finished on the grill.

24 Jul 2011 18:57 #14 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic The Great Debate - Pizza
I like Woody's pizza in Golden by the slice. And Beau Jos in Evergreen.

Mushrooms, Green Peppers, Onions, Black olives. Trying to eat better. :)

Old Chicagos is ok in Lakewood too.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

24 Jul 2011 19:15 #15 by chickaree
Replied by chickaree on topic The Great Debate - Pizza
Bono's one the corner of 6th and Indiana makes a great pie IMHO.

24 Jul 2011 22:42 #16 by pineinthegrass
Agree Beau Jo's is the best in the mountains. And the buffet is great since they have a terrific salad bar, and the pizza they offer is pretty good (many pizza places skimp a lot on the buffet, but Beau Jo's is pretty reasonable).

Off 285, I like JJ Madwells, Anthonys, and Crossroads, leaving out the take and bakes since I haven't tried them all. Those pizzas are very good, but not great. But I'd say Anthonys (next to Safeway), especially with the King Soopers coupon, is a great deal for a New York style pizza. It may not be as loaded with the fixings and is somewhat greasy, but for the price it's huge, tasty, and a very good deal.

From the OP, I see Garlic Knot mentioned. We discovered them (Lakewood) by chance while looking for homes. We never tried the pizza, other than a slice which was nothing exceptional. But we really like that place for very good food for the price (nice garlic knots too!). So we'll try a full pizza next time. It reminds me of where I lived before and heard they had great NY pizza. The pizza slice I had at lunch wasn't very good and I avoided that place for a long time. But after reading more about it, we finally tried the full pizza and it was fantastic (much more stuff on it than Anthonys, but it cost way more too)!

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds