Good Gluten- free recipies

26 Jul 2011 13:39 #1 by rocky mtn thyroid center
Hi you guys!

I thought it might be appropriate to post the beginning of a gluten free recipe thread.

I sure don't know all there is about this and would welcome anyone's experience or knowledge
on this. I do know from 10 years of clinical experience that many people feel better with little or no gluten in their life.

So, here is a gluten free recipe for stuffed zucchini : Cool for me because it's veggie based, although I am an omnivore, and uses goat cheese which is easier to digest than cow's dairy.

What have you found to be tasty?

Terry Trinka

Ingredients

* 3 ounces goat cheese, at room temperature
* Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 1 Tablespoon finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (oil-packed), well-drained
* 2 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
* 1 teaspoon olive oil
* 3 small zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch thick lengthwise strips
* 2 Tablespoons freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese

Directions

In a bowl, combine goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, basil and thyme. Adjust seasonings to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.

Brush both sides of each zucchini slice with olive oil. Season both sides with kosher salt.

Heat a gas grill to high. Place zucchini strips on grill at a 45 degree angle to grates on grill. Cover and grill until well browned, about 2 minutes per side. Check occasionally and move slices around gently with tongs to prevent them from over-browning - be careful to not over-cook.

When zucchini slices are done, drape over a cooling rack to prevent them from steaming as they cool.

Spread a heaping teaspoon of goat cheese filling over one side of each zucchini slice. Roll zucchini (not too tightly) and put them on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. (Refrigerate if not using within an hour, but bring back to room temperature before finishing).

Preheat broiler.

Sprinkle zucchini rolls with freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese and brown under broiler for 1 minute. Serve immediately.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jul 2011 15:53 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Good Gluten- free recipies
That looks awesome!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds