How Many Beers is That?

03 Feb 2012 20:45 - 03 Feb 2012 21:03 #1 by otisptoadwater
Information that might come in handy for this Sunday. How many beers are there in a US half barrel? It depends on what size glass/mug/container you serve it in. The math is simple, divide the number of liquid ounces in a half barrel by the size of the serving (16 US gallons/number of ounces per serving). To save some folks from the math Anheuser-Busch provided this handy guide:

http://sites.google.com/site/jesskidden/_/rsrc/1259677669309/BeerGlassesGrowlerHighlight-custom-size-700-534.jpg?height=308&width=700

While I wouldn't recommend serving beer by the bucket or paper carton as a single serving, the information has been provided should you choose to do so.

"In a 1985 illustration of various glasses and containers for draught beer, Anheuser-Busch lists both a "bucket" (at the unusual size of 55 ounces- a bit shy on a half gallon) and a "wax carton" similar to a milk carton. At the time, New York State had enacted a mandatory 5¢ bottle deposit and the company was trying to encourage some retailers to switch to selling draught beer to go to avoid charging the deposit and the trouble of accepting returns."

http://sites.google.com/site/jesskidden/thegrowlerafterrepeal2

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Feb 2012 20:49 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic How Many Beers is That?
Not enough. :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds