Food discussion?

11 Jun 2012 15:07 #1 by JMC
Food discussion? was created by JMC
Dead thread, Is anyone up here really interested in a food thread. I like to eat and buy interesting food (lots from the internet) but am not going it alone.
Worthwhile? No politics, please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Jun 2012 15:28 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Food discussion?
I love food! With my frequent meetings and work up in Conifer lately, I've been getting to eat out a lot at the local restaurants. Had JJ Madwell's Greek salad today, yum. And sitting outside on their new patio next to the waterfall was really nice.

I went to Aspen Peak Cellars one day last week and had their BLAT - best BLT with avocado in a restaurant ever. They've got chocolate mousse now too, so I'll be stopping in a lot more often. I can't resist chocolate mousse!

Kenosha Cafe has a mean burger.

Otherwise, I am lucky to have married a man who loves to cook and try new things. I've bought him a few cooking magazine subscriptions over the years and we go through them to find new recipes when they arrive. I think we've finally burned through all the good ones from Cooking Light - does anyone have a good recommendation for another?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Jun 2012 15:55 #3 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic Food discussion?
I love cooking and hope to do more now that the store is moved.

I got a new pellet smoker and we have yet to make something yucky with it. Fresh smoked corn on the cob with a little be of truffle salt and I am in heaven.

Looking for a good brine for salmon if you have one.

What kind of things do you want to talk about I'm game (I remember your duck pizza it was way yum).

11 Jun 2012 16:41 #4 by MamaRama
Replied by MamaRama on topic Food discussion?
SC what about "Taste of Home" magazine? It's usually got really good recipes in it... I saved several of these that were at my Mom's when she passed.. and whip them out to find good recipes..

11 Jun 2012 16:47 #5 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Food discussion?
Thanks MamRama, I'll check that out!

MD, too funny - two weekends ago hubby comes home and says "Thank you to 285Bound for buying me a smoker in exchange for me helping with webcams." lol Stinker! We haven't made anything yucky yet either, although the salmon did get a little overdone (dinner guests were later than expected). The jerk seasoned ribs were the best ever!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Jun 2012 16:59 #6 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Food discussion?
I ordered halibut cheeks from Alaska today, I had cod cheeks (sauteed in butter) as a kid, I've looked at some recipes on line but am thinking simple is best.

11 Jun 2012 17:12 #7 by mountaindollar
JMC do you have a good connection for fish from Alaska?

I buy a lot of what I get at Costco.

SC hubby is a smart boy.

11 Jun 2012 17:16 #8 by JMC
[url=http://www.great-alaska-seafood.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.great-alaska-seafood.com[/url]

Very good salmon,and crab.
[url=http://www.vitalchoice.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.vitalchoice.com[/url] also very good.

11 Jun 2012 18:01 #9 by mountaindollar
Thanks, just looking at it makes me hungry.

11 Jun 2012 18:19 #10 by JMC

mountaindollar wrote: Thanks, just looking at it makes me hungry.

I can only look at some of my food sites after I've eaten, if I browse when I am hungry I over buy.(spend).

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds