Boxed Wine?

14 Jun 2012 18:57 #1 by RY
Boxed Wine? was created by RY
Has anyone experimented with boxed wine yet? Apparently they are as good as the bottled ones. I just got "Black Box" a chardonnay and a Shiraz from Biggies. I kind of miss "pouring' it out of a bottle, and this particular wine is not great. Any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jun 2012 19:07 #2 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Boxed Wine?
To para phrase another poster. Life is too short to drink bad wine.
Never had a glass from a box that tasted good. But I've had plenty of bottled wine that was overpriced and bad.

14 Jun 2012 19:36 #3 by MamaRama
Replied by MamaRama on topic Boxed Wine?
BOO ON THE BOX WINE!!!!!!yuckie...

14 Jun 2012 20:12 #4 by RenegadeCJ
Replied by RenegadeCJ on topic Boxed Wine?
just find good inexpensive bottled wine it is cheaper and better than boxed

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

15 Jun 2012 16:12 #5 by RY
Replied by RY on topic Boxed Wine?
they used to have them in Germany, many years back when i still lived there and it was decent wine. But the one I got is not that good at all...

15 Jun 2012 16:47 #6 by MamaRama
Replied by MamaRama on topic Boxed Wine?
Try the BEAR FOOT/PAW MOSCATO... YUMMY!!!!

16 Jun 2012 01:50 #7 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Boxed Wine?
We touched on this topic some time ago: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1393 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1393<!-- l -->

I've had a few good box wines, I really like that they keep longer because they are less susceptible to oxidation. Finishing a bottle in an evening, or over a few days never used to be a problem, but now I'm lucky to finish a bottle within a week (anytime I have a glass with dinner, I am very likely to fall asleep before I'm done working for the day so I've been going without).

Check out some online reviews - Wine Enthusiast, Wine Spectator, or even cooking magazines might have some good recommendations. Or ask around at your favorite wine shop!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Jun 2012 15:17 #8 by RY
Replied by RY on topic Boxed Wine?

Science Chic wrote: We touched on this topic some time ago: <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1393 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1393<!-- l -->

I've had a few good box wines, I really like that they keep longer because they are less susceptible to oxidation. Finishing a bottle in an evening, or over a few days never used to be a problem, but now I'm lucky to finish a bottle within a week (anytime I have a glass with dinner, I am very likely to fall asleep before I'm done working for the day so I've been going without).

Check out some online reviews - Wine Enthusiast, Wine Spectator, or even cooking magazines might have some good recommendations. Or ask around at your favorite wine shop!

thanks SC, I feel the same, one glass for dinner and I am ready for bed, so wine lasts me a long time too. I am also wondering how the acids in the wine and the plastic of the inside of the box react with each other, that just occurred to me.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds