Tender Pulled Pork in Less than an Hour!!

19 Aug 2013 19:22 #1 by BaconLover
While this won't win any BBQ contests at the local fair, it turned out a pretty tasty pulled pork sandwich during the week in under an hour!!

Pressure Cooker Pulled Pork

3 Tbsp. packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp. paprika
2 Tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. ground cumin
Salt and pepper
1 (4-pound) boneless pork roast (often labeled Boston butt), trimmed and cut crosswise into 4 pieces
3/4 cup cider vinegar, plus extra as needed
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup ketchup
1 - 2 tsp. liquid smoke
6-8 hamburger buns (we like King's Hawaiian)

Combine sugar, paprika, chili powder, cumin, 1 tsp. salt, and 1/2 tsp. pepper, then rub mixture evenly over pork. OR use about 4TBSP of Penzy’s BBQ 3000 (I did and it turned out delicious!!)

Combine vinegar, water, ketchup, and liquid smoke in pressure cooker pot.

Nestle spice-rubbed pork into pot.

Lock pressure cooker lid in place and bring to high pressure over medium-high heat. As soon as pot reaches high pressure, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for 45 minutes, adjusting heat as needed to maintain high pressure.

Remove pot from heat and allow pressure to release naturally for 15 minutes. Quick release any remaining pressure, then carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape away from you

Transfer pork to large plate or bowl, let cool slightly, then shred into bite-sized pieces, discarding any fat. Using large spoon skim excess fat from surface of sauce. Bring sauce to simmer over medium-high heat and cook until thickened and measures 2 cups, 15 to 20 minutes. I ended up with a lot less than 2 cups and use Sweet Baby Ray’s Sweet & Spicy BBQ to finish it off. Yummy!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds