Why Hotel Room Coffee Makers Make Bad Coffee

19 Nov 2013 20:31 #1 by otisptoadwater
https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6553405952/h171DF4C9/

This was cheap food prepared in as cheap a manner as possible. But I had touched just the tip of the iceberg. It turns out there are plenty of foods you can whip up with a Mr. Coffee and some bravery. Our favorites are below. Keep in mind that when cooking with unconventional methods, you run the risk of producing sub-par food and maybe exposing yourself to the dangers of undercooked food. Attempt at your own risk, read with an open mind.

Read more: http://www.geekosystem.com/coffee-maker-food/

I spend too much time on the road as it is, now I know why the coffee makers in hotel rooms make such nasty tasting coffee.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Nov 2013 21:25 #2 by Hippie Love Fest
Yikes! That is just wrong! Being the germaphobe that I am, the only thing I do with the hotel coffee maker is move it to the closet. And I don't open up my suitcase until everything as been wiped down with disinfectant wipes! Television remotes are a real germ-challenge for me!!

Coffee maker - I have found all kinds of weird stuff inside coffee makers including cigarette butts, vomit, urine, etc. And if I have found it, I guarantee room attendants have found it - that doesn't mean they do anything more than dump the contents out, rinse the inside of the pot or maker, and move on. I don't make coffee in hotel rooms, but if you're willing to take a chance, at least thoroughly clean the coffee pot and filter bucket before doing so.

http://voices.yahoo.com/hotel-room-clea ... 53697.html

21 Nov 2013 13:43 #3 by ScienceChic
Oh, look, and you can do so much more! <blech> I'm totally cool with it being used in an unconventional way so long as those using it that way own the coffee pot and it's not surprising the next person that there's salmon flavored coffee coming out next (like a hotel guest). I still don't think I would've made salmon in it while in college though...

Coffee Maker Cooking: Brew Up Your Next Dinner
by Michaeleen Doucleff
November 18, 2013
File Attachment:

The chefs at have brewed up entire breakfasts and lunches in the coffee maker. And the kitchen wizards at the blog developed recipes for pumpkin soup, chutney, even cinnamon buns, all made in the humble appliance. Well, if you're a soldier deployed in a war zone, a coffee maker might be your only option for a home-cooked meal.

"My nephew came home from Afghanistan complaining about the food in the mess hall," says Jody Anderson, a retired photographer in southern Oregon. "But the soldiers were allowed only to have coffee makers in their rooms."

So Anderson started developing recipes for the coffee maker, including ones for mac 'n' cheese, short ribs and chicken soup.

As Anderson describes it, the design of a traditional coffee maker gives you three basic cooking techniques:
1. Steam
2. Poach
3. Grill

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds