It's Crock Pot time!!!

29 Dec 2013 15:46 #1 by mountaindollar
Please share some of your favorite crock pot recipes I just love making them since I have limited time available to cook during the week.

I will have to pull mine out and get them typed in.

Just an FYI if you use crock pot liners like I do we now have them at Mountain Dollar $1.25 for a two pack box it makes clean up a breeze.

Go Broncos!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Dec 2013 15:50 #2 by mountaindollar
I just remembered I have this recipe already typed in so enjoy!!!

I typically make it the night before and put it in the refrigerator before I leave for work I pull it out and get it started.

Crock Pot Enchiladas

2 small/medium onions minced
4 large cloves of garlic minced
2 pounds ground meat (beef, elk or deer)
2 Tbs chili powder
1 ¼ tsp Salt
2 8oz packages of cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 Tbs Lemon juice
7 to 10 corn tortillas
5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 can green enchilada sauce
1 can black or refried beans
1 can jalapenos (if you like it spicy)

In a skillet brown meat onions and garlic (if using deer or elk add 2 Tbs of vegetable oil) do not drain fat.

Add chili powder, salt, enchilada sauce and jalapenos to meat mixture.

In a microwave bowl soften the cream cheese then add cream of chicken soup and lemon juice mix together.

You will be making 3 layers in the crock pot so when you add each item you will be doing it 1/3 at a time.

Put a layer of tortillas down on the bottom next put your ground beef mixture then some beans, cream cheese mixture (spread it around it is ok if it mixes a little with the meat and beans a little) now put a layer of cheese. Repeat two more times so that you end up with cheddar cheese on the top.

Cook on low 8 to 10 hours

When you scoop out dig straight down so you get all of the layers.

29 Dec 2013 17:32 #3 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic It's Crock Pot time!!!
We LOVE this one, but omit the meatballs.

Minestrone Soup (Crock Pot)

www.jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com
Time: 15 min prep + 6-8 hours cooking Yield: 10 servings

3 (14.5 ounce) cans Italian Style Stewed Tomatoes
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
4 C beef broth
1 1/2 C carrots, sliced
1/2 C onion, chopped
1 C green beans, fresh or frozen
1 t basil, dried
1 t oregano, dried
1 t thyme, dried
1 (15 ounce) can Kidney Beans
1 (15 ounce) can Garbanzo Beans
6 C (about 1 1/2 pounds) Italian Meatballs, fully cooked
1 (16 ounce) box Ditalini Pasta, or Elbow Macaroni
1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
Parmesan Cheese

1. Into a large crock pot, pour 3 cans Italian Style Stewed Tomatoes and 1 can tomato sauce.

2. Add 4 C beef broth. (I just dissolved 4 teaspoons beef soup base granules into 4 cups hot water.)

3. Slice 1 1/2 cup carrots, 1/2 a cup of onions, 1 cup of green beans. Add them to the crock pot.

4. Next you will need 1 teaspoon basil, 1 teaspoon thyme and 1 teaspoon oregano. Once you have the seasonings measured out, crush them between your fingers as you add them to the pot. This really maximizes the flavor.

5. Drain and rinse 1 can kidney beans and 1 can garbanzo beans. Add them to the pot.

6. Now for the meatballs! Toss about 6 cups of these frozen treasures into your pot. Cover and let the old girl cook on high for 6-8 hours.

7. When your soup has simmered away all day and you are ready to eat, cook the pasta according to package directions.

8. Add 1 can of tomato soup into your crock pot. Give it a nice stir, cover the soup and let it heat through. Your soup should thicken just a bit with the addition of the tomato soup.

9. When you are ready to serve, dish a nice healthy portion of the pasta into each soup bowl then pour the Meatball Minestrone over the top. Garnish with a bit of grated Parmesan cheese.

29 Dec 2013 17:34 #4 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic It's Crock Pot time!!!
This was a big hit with the grands this weekend. I added 8 oz sliced white mushrooms and didn't add the extra water, as the mushrooms do that for you.

Beef Stroganoff from Metabolic Cookbook
Use small crockpot

2 pounds cubed stew meat
2 cans Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup
1 largish onion diced
2-3-4 Tbsp of Worcestershire
1/2 cup water
couple of dashes of Garlic Salt (1 tsp?)
couple dashes of Hot Paprika
8 oz of cream cheese

In the slow cooker stir in all the ingredients together, (except the meat AND the Cream Cheese). Once combined add the meat and mix together.
Cook on Low for 8 hours.
Cut up the cream cheese into cubes just before serving and turn crockpot on high. Stir the cream cheese in until all combined. You might have to put the lid back on and leave for 10 minutes.

So good to freeze BEFORE adding the cream cheese. Just re-heat on the stove and add cream cheese 10 minutes before serving. The meat becomes even more tender when reheated after freezing-perfect for toast.

30 Dec 2013 20:35 #5 by otisptoadwater
Here's one for parties where no one really sits down and eats a formal meal.

Meatballs, Cocktail Wieners, and Kielbasa in BBQ Sauce

Get This:

Meatballs, if I have time I'll make them but use the frozen ones if you have to
Cocktail wieners
Kielbasa
Enough of your favorite BBQ sauce to cover the contents of the crock pot

Do This:

If you are making your own meatballs roll them out to just smaller than a golf ball and cook them first. The frozen meatballs come in the right size and they're already cooked so using them saves time but they're just not the same as home made.

Put a layer of meatballs on the bottom of the crock pot, add a layer of cocktail wieners, then slice up the kielbasa in to 1/4 inch rounds and add them to the crock pot. Repeat until the crock pot is almost full. Pour in your BBQ sauce and cook on high for an hour then reduce heat and simmer another hour before serving.

Serve right out of the crock pot with a box of toothpicks on the side, want to impress company? Get a package of bamboo skewers and an empty pint glass instead of a box of toothpicks.

Try adding in some spices and other ingredients, generally best to adjust the sauce. Try mixing your BBQ sauce 50/50 with some jelly, I like using apricot or peach. Want some spice? Add ground cayenne pepper to taste. A little liquid smoke works well too.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

30 Dec 2013 22:00 #6 by otisptoadwater
Shredded Beef the Easy Way

What you need:

Crockpot
3-ish pound boneless beef Chuck roast
1 pint of your favorite barbeque sauce
Granulated garlic
Onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste

How its done:

Apply the spices to the roast, place the roast into the crockpot and add the barbeque sauce. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or until the roast is tender. Once the roast is cooked remove from the crockpot and shred with a fork. Return the meat to the crockpot and increase the heat to high. Serve on buns or as is. Sweet and not too spicy for the crumb crunchers and your four legged friends.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

07 Oct 2017 15:57 #7 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic It's Crock Pot time!!!
With the weather getting chillier, we're starting to make more crock pot recipes! I'm a sucker for dill so this one is up next. :)

Dilled Pot Roast
3 - 3.5lb beef pot roast
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. dried dillweed, divided
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp. vinegar
3 Tbsp. flour
1/2 cup water
1 cup sour cream

1. Sprinkle both sides of meat with salt, pepper, and 1 tsp. of dill. Place in slow cooker. Add water and vinegar.
  2. Cover. Cook on Low 7-9 hours or until tender. Remove meat from pot. Turn on High.
  3. Dissolve flour in water. Stir into meat drippings. Stir in additional 1 tsp. dill. Cook on High 5 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Cook on High another 5 minutes.
  4. Slice meat and serve with sour cream sauce over top.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds