Fresh Eggs vs. Store bought..not even a contest!

17 Jan 2014 11:37 #1 by ThePetParent
KZ FRESH EGGS!

I am raising my own chickens, Rhode Island Reds as I wanted fresh brown eggs.
The taste is amazing and the texture of the eggs is far better than store bought eggs.
I have read that the eggs you get at the grocery store are already up to 3 months old.

The eggs are delicious, and there is nothing like tasting eggs that are laid fresh.
No Antibiotics, No hormones, No Cruelty
Chickens are given fresh water and feed everyday

It is an expensive hobby...

Coop...$350 for a very small coop up to $1300 from local stores
Feeder/Waterer....$15 each to $35 each
Infrared light incandescent 150 watt for night viewing for winter...$12 each and need 2- 3 to last the entire winter.
Wood Shavings for the coop..$14 for 14 cubic feet x2 for a month
Feed...$ 17-$26 per month
Scratch $17 for 2 months
Oyster Shell for Calcium $15 for 25 pounds of feed

I only have 4 chickens and have a couple dozen for sale every week so first come first serve.

I am selling Fresh Large Brown Eggs for $6 a dozen and must have your own egg carton to exchange for my egg carton.

You local grocery store is selling Happy Eggs for $5 a dozen but you don't know how old they are and they only say they are free range.

If interested leave a message with your phone number!
I currently have 3 dozen with about 2 dozen eggs produced per week.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Jan 2014 12:54 #2 by Blazer Bob
Back in Michigan I recruited a kid who lived by a river. His mom went out and gathered duck and goose eggs. She was so happy about her son she kept us in eggs. That was great while it lasted.

17 Jan 2014 13:04 #3 by ThePetParent

BlazerBob wrote: Back in Michigan I recruited a kid who lived by a river. His mom went out and gathered duck and goose eggs. She was so happy about her son she kept us in eggs. That was great while it lasted.

I love duck eggs, they are much bigger and if you like the yolk , even more the better.
I have 4 hens currently plan on converting my shed into a very large chicken coop in the spring, get some more hens and ducks!

As a kid I had those big ducks or geese. I don't know what you call them but they were big, white and with yellow beaks and feet. One of them was named Quackers!

Where I use to live in southern Colorado, I use to go to the Park and collect goose eggs, probably should not have done that but I was very young and didn't know any better.
The Eggs were yummy!

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds