Canning

14 Aug 2010 15:24 #1 by Momma Bear
Canning was created by Momma Bear
I have never canned before but would love to learn. The organic CSA I am a member of has canning shares available:

http://www.grantfarms.com/summary.php?g ... 4f9d51c12f

Is anyone interested in going in on a full share with me and then coming over to my house and having a canning party? I have a gourmet kitchen and have plenty of room for about 4 to 5 people who would be interested in doing this. If anyone is interested, let me know!! Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Aug 2010 15:33 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Canning
I have a canning Pot and jars but I have never canned either.

17 Aug 2010 13:22 #3 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Canning
We've already signed up for half a share from Grant Farms, but we'd love to do a canning party! I grew up helping my Mom can so I'm not so totally slow getting it done, but it does take time to do. We don't have anything this week (got a bushel of cabbage and are pickling only 2.5lbs, the rest is for making sauerkraut!), but hopefully next week will be something convenient!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

17 Aug 2010 20:46 #4 by Momma Bear
Replied by Momma Bear on topic Canning

Science Chic wrote: We've already signed up for half a share from Grant Farms, but we'd love to do a canning party! I grew up helping my Mom can so I'm not so totally slow getting it done, but it does take time to do. We don't have anything this week (got a bushel of cabbage and are pickling only 2.5lbs, the rest is for making sauerkraut!), but hopefully next week will be something convenient!

ARe you interested in going in on a canning share with Grant Family Farms? If so, pm me and we can figure out a time to do the canning. Will Saturday or Sunday's work for you? If anyone else is interested, let me know!!!

18 Aug 2010 19:46 #5 by MamaRama
Replied by MamaRama on topic Canning
It does take time, but man is it worth it. I just finished putting up my dill and sweet pickles, my pickled beets, dilled carrots and I'm on to doing salsa in about a week.. If you get stuck, or a bit lost you can always call the ARAPAHOE COUNTY EXTENSION OFFICE, they are most helpful,,(303) 730-1920. Enjoy...................................

20 Aug 2010 20:47 #6 by At Home With Rebecka
Replied by At Home With Rebecka on topic Canning
I was so excited when I found 285bound.com! I'm an avid food blogger and canning aficionado. I live in Conifer and would love to meet anyone interested in sharing the love of cooking and eating great foods. Canning parties are a must!! I enjoy teaching canning techniques, sharing recipes and fun stories about life’s most precious moments. Check out my blog to see my most recent photos and recipes.

http://athomewithrebecka.blogspot.com/

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds