If you have a MeyTag refrigerator read this!!

17 Apr 2014 20:25 #1 by BaconLover
If you have a MeyTag side-by-side with a freezer below read this!! We have a Model MF12568AES, the last three characters may be different on black or white models)

Woke at 4:30am to some strange noises coming from the kitchen. Running down stairs I was ready to kick the dogs a** for getting into the trash when I discovered it wasn't the dog but the front panel of fridge wigging out. The lights were flashing and making noise like something out of Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind and the flapper on the ice dispenser was endlessly opening and slamming shut....

Of course I did what any sane person would do, I sought out the wise advice of the Internet!! Some Internet research showed that these brands of refrigerators are "lemons" and that it's a very common problem. A call to Meytag gave me three options.. 1) Service call estimated at $450, of course the part I needed was on "indefinite back order". 2) Meytag said they would send a tech out (free of charge) to pull the circuit board, at which point we could ship it to Chicago and have it fixed (at our cost & taking 7-10 days during which our fridge wouldn't work), then the would send a tech back out to reinstall it (free of charge). or 3) Pull the circuit board and replace the two capacitors myself.

Option 3 Won!! $20 later the fridge has two new happy blue capacitors and is working again!! If you have one of these fridges check out the following sites:

Bitch List:
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/maytag-french-door-refrigerator-c5247.html

Great site on how to fix the problem:
http://www.liny.net/MaytagIce2O.htm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Apr 2014 07:07 #2 by pacamom
Next time buy a Maytag. :Winkorange:

18 Apr 2014 10:00 #3 by LOL
Time for the old lazy Maytag repairman to go to electronics school! LOL

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds