BBQ Sandwiches

31 May 2014 20:46 #1 by otisptoadwater
I love burgers but sometimes I need a break for the same old stuff. Try this out next time you have a few folks over for a barbeque:

BBQ Sandwiches

Get This Stuff:

Your favorite barbequed meat, sauced, smoked and sliced or shredded (I like beef brisket or shredded pork but turkey and chicken are good too)
Coleslaw
Dill pickle chips
Buns, not the wimpy white bread ones, get some sturdy bread that can hold up to the BBQ sauce and moisture of the slaw
Strips of construction paper, 3 1/2 x 12 inches long

Do This:

Prepare the meat to your preferences then, toast the buns. Place the bottom halves of the buns on a flat surface then wrap each bottom bun with construction paper, use some tape to secure each ring of paper around the bottom half of the buns. Scoop a tablespoon of slaw on to each of the bottom halves of the buns then top with pickle chips and your choice of BBQ'd meat and sauce. Cheese and more sauce or some hot sauce? Now would be the time to add it if you want it. Top off each sandwich with the top half of the toasted buns and serve, I leave the paper ring on the sandwich to help keep the contents of the sandwich in the sandwich but you do what works for you. Great on an evening just like this one with some chips or spud salad, spice it up with a few picked Jalapeno slices if you like.

This is a dish that has to be eaten directly after it has been prepared so there isn't any way to enjoy the left overs unless you keep all of the components separate and assemble then later.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds