Do You Have a Chocolate Cake Problem?

27 Jul 2014 10:41 #1 by otisptoadwater
I'm not an expert on addiction or how to over come one. It isn't intuitive to me that the way to over come an addiction might be to over indulge in the substance in question either. I wonder what the subject in the video would say if someone offered him some more chocolate cake...

I suppose if a sufficient amount of time went by he might eat chocolate cake again, say maybe in ten years or so!

:sick:

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jul 2014 11:31 #2 by JMC
They tried that with cigs, I doubt it is very effective.

27 Jul 2014 15:27 #3 by FredHayek

fly off the handle wrote: They tried that with cigs, I doubt it is very effective.

My dad was caught smoking in the barn in the 1950's, very bad because they easily burned. He was put in a closet with a Carton of un-filtereds. Didn't work, smoked for 40 years after that and has COPD now. Some deserts are so sweet I won't eat them anymore.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 Jul 2014 18:48 #4 by mountaindollar
I love chocolate but as I have aged the average Hershey bar is not good enough I find myself seeking the real good stuff and you get to pay for it.

Maybe this has cut me back a bit as I treasure every bite.

I have also found some amazing hot chocolate again it is pricey but that means 1 cup a week during the cold temps which makes me sad.

27 Jul 2014 18:59 #5 by HEARTLESS
Are you going to tell us which hot chocolate is so good, or just tease us?

The silent majority will be silent no more.

27 Jul 2014 19:06 #6 by otisptoadwater
As a child I would have sold you my soul for a fragment of a Hershey bar, a few cake crumbs, or small parts of a cookie. As I moved around with my family as an Air Force brat and later on as an adult in the Navy I too discovered that there's chocolate and then there's really good, really expensive chocolate. I prefer the really good, really expensive chocolate and I'll pass on the chance to eat the cheaper stuff. With the possible exceptions of my birthday or a special date with a female friend, for me chocolate is reserved for the days between Christmas and New Years. The rest of the year I'll avoid it because for the most part it's always the half paraffin wax/veg oil cheap stuff.

I can't attest to the quality of the cake in the video however if I read the box in the background in the first couple of minutes of the video correctly it's from the Claim Jumper restaurant chain. I'm going to give the Claim Jumper restaurants a pass and assume that they are serious about the quality of chocolate that goes into their products.

Regardless, there's no way I could ever eat that much cake at one sitting and I have to believe that it would turn me off from chocolate everything for a very long time!

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

27 Jul 2014 19:18 #7 by FredHayek
The older I get the more I prefer quality over quantity on my beer, Bourbon, cigars and chocolate.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

27 Jul 2014 19:28 #8 by otisptoadwater
Agreed! It's not about quantity anymore, it's all about quality. Well at least until I get back with others from my past who were a "bad influence" on me - it's all their fault when we get together and whoop it up!

27 Jul 2014 19:54 #9 by mountaindollar

HEARTLESS wrote: Are you going to tell us which hot chocolate is so good, or just tease us?

Most of my chocolate I eat now is imported but we do have a friend that goes to Europe often so he can get in the airport.

The hot chocolate I am out of but will see if the Internet has it and post a link.

Getting ready to go to a show so might be a week or so.

27 Jul 2014 20:09 #10 by mountaindollar
Ok, here is the Hot Chocolate it is pricey and I do not share hubby will get it for my B-day and Xmas and I try and watch the Internet for specials mostly during the holidays.

This is the main website but sometimes we find it on Amazon.

www.dagobachocolate.com/products/drinking/

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds