Trying this tonight

28 Jul 2014 19:48 #1 by mountaindollar
I am trying this recipe tonight well sort of...

I have my own homemade sauce and I am not using meat as I have a bunch of mushrooms I need to use up.

My pasta is garlic rosemary it is what I have in the pantry and I used a whole container of cottage cheese.

Hubby won't be home until 8:30 so I prepped everything and will start it soon.

allrecipes.com/recipe/spaghetti-pie-ii/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jul 2014 19:50 #2 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic Trying this tonight
I can't wait for the oven to warm up the house as it is kind of chilly in here.

28 Jul 2014 20:20 #3 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic Trying this tonight
I like the recipe, being me you know I'd add some Italian sausage and/or meatballs to the mix and probably substitute some Ricotta for the cottage cheese. I get needing to use up the leftovers too, I hate buying food only to have it spoil because I didn't find a way to use it up. If we get some seriously enjoyable weather (high temps >60 F) I'll give this recipe a try and see what variants I can make that are also tasty and affordable. If I come up with anything good I'll be sure to update this thread!

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

28 Jul 2014 20:25 #4 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Trying this tonight
I'm not a casserole-type person, but hubby would love this! We had regular old spaghetti tonight for dinner, can't wait to hear the verdict on yours!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

29 Jul 2014 09:58 #5 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic Trying this tonight
Turned out great I wish I had a little more cottage cheese but I am a cheese freak.

We are pigs and ate a ton last night and I brought the rest for lunch but I think that it would freeze well also.

29 Jul 2014 15:15 #6 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Trying this tonight
Sounds good, I agree with Otis,
I'd substitute ricotta for cottage cheese.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds