Recipe Management Software

09 Apr 2018 19:38 #1 by BaconLover
Looking to update my old 3x5 card filing system to something that plugs in :-)

Anybody have any suggestions?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Apr 2018 17:02 #2 by BaconLover
An update on my recipe software search.

I did some research and settled on a software Product called Paprika ( www.paprikaapp.com/ ). The reason I chose this product was that it allowed me to migrate all of my recipes out of my existing software (Living Cookbook) and it had the capability to share data across applications (PC, Mac, iPhone and iPad).

The downside to their mode is that I had to pay for the PC software ($19.99) AND for the IOS app ($4.99) for a total investment of $25.99. Not bad.

Initial review of the product is that I'm liking it! The recipe manager software on the PC makes it easy to add in recipes via a built in browser. You basically browse to the recipe you want to capture and hit "save recipe" and the software parses the page and creates the recipe for you. So far it's been incredibly accurate.

Meal planning could be a little more visual, but it allows you to assign meals to each day of the week for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner should you choose. I just do dinners and it presents the meals in a list form which is OK, but could be presented better. I create the meals on my PC, Sync them up to their cloud account where I can pick them up on my Kitchen iPad when I'm cooking. Very cool!

Grocery shopping is slick as well. With the cloud software syncing it also sync's your grocery list with your iPhone so when you're shopping you just need your phone and you can check off things as you buy them. The software also groups the items into departments so everything you need in produce is all together in the app and easy to find and check off.

All-in-all I'd recommend this software it seems pretty slick. Next up is to put the software on my wife and kids iPhones so they can add things to the grocery list.

28 Apr 2018 20:59 #3 by ScienceChic
I'm playing with this app and I have to say it's pretty handy. As soon as I run out of something in the kitchen, I can open the app and add it to the grocery list before I forget about needing it, and that change is populated over to DH's version so when he goes shopping, he knows to get it.

We got our latest Eating Well and I went through it to dog-ear the pages with recipes that looked yummy to try. He opened the app, did a search in the built-in browser in the app for that recipe, pulled it up, hit save, and it populated the app with the ingredient list, directions, and corresponding pictures creating a new entry in our recipes list. We now have two recipe lists - our favorites and ones yet to try.

So far, I'm pretty impressed!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds