***Smoked Paprika Chicken with Squash & Quinoa***

07 Nov 2018 11:22 #1 by TheBean_TheLeaf

Smoked Paprika Chicken is one of my all time favorite dishes and this one has an added flavor twist from our top quality The Bean & The Leaf Sweet Smoked Paprika. This meal is even healthier with quinoa acting as the base. You can use rice as well if you prefer.

Quinoa is not really a grain, but the seed of a leafy plant, related to spinach. Quinoa is high in protein and has the the nine essential amino acid supplements, and lysine, the amino acid responsible for promoting wound healing and has been used in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. The slow release of carbohydrates gives the feeling of fullness for a longer period of time, making it a favorite of mine in managing weight loss.

For this recipe I used yellow squash which can still be found, but you can also make this dish in the winter by substituting a winter squash such as butternut squash in this dish making a very tasty winter meal.

The Sweet Spanish Paprika gives the dish a sweet, slightly smoky flavor that enhances the other ingredients nicely. The recipe calls for 1/2 tsp, but I would choose to be slightly more liberal with this flavor as I really enjoy the punch that paprika adds to the food.

This meal is low in saturated fat and sodium while being an excellent source of protein and fiber.

Ingredients:

16 oz. chicken breast, cubed.
4 cups of steamed quinoa
2 yellow squash, sliced
2 tomato, chopped
4 tbsp lime juice
2 tsp Sutter Buttes olive oil
1 tsp The Bean & The Leaf Organic Granulated Garlic
1 tsp The Bean & The Leaf Smoked Paprika (Sweet)

Directions:

In a large skillet, saute the garlic, chicken and squash in the olive oil for about 5 mins or until browned
Add quinoa, tomato and paprika and toss gently for another 5 mins until mixture is warm and thoroughly mixed
Mix in lime juice just before serving.

Serve and Enjoy!!!

Serves: 4
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds