***Chicken Tinga for Tacos, Enchiladas, Tostados and more***
***Chicken Tinga for Tacos, Enchiladas, Tostados and more*** was created by TheBean_TheLeaf
Chicken Tinga for Tacos, Enchiladas, Tostados and more!!
I have a friend who is originally from Mexico City who often shares his amazing traditional Mexican cooking, not Tex-Mex, with me. Chicken Tinga is one of the foods he shared with me and I want to share it with you. Once done the meat can be used for tacos, tostadas, burritos, with rice, or any other way you would like to use this flavorful, tender chicken. Serving with the lime is key as the other thing he has taught me is how much a little fresh lime brightens and adds to the flavor of foods.
Chicken Tinga :
• 1 tablespoon Sutter Buttes Arbequina olive oil
• 1 cup roughly chopped sweet onion
• 2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/2 tsp The Bean & The
Leaf Organic granulated garlic
• 1–2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped (I like
to use two chipotle peppers for optimal “medium”
spiciness. If you want a mild version, just use one
chipotle pepper. If you want it hot hot hot, go for
• 1 teaspoon The Bean & The Leaf dried Mexican
• 1⁄2 teaspoon The Bean & The Leaf ground cumin
• 3⁄4 cup canned crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
• 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
• 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
• 10 (6-inch) corn tortillas
• 2 ripe avocados, sliced
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 1/2 cup diced red onion
• crumbled cotija cheese
• 1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Blend all sauce ingredients and add sauce to Crock Pot or Instant Pot along with about a pound of chicken breasts. For Crock Pot cook 8 hours on low and for Instant Pot cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Do Rapid Release for the pressure. Shred chicken in sauce and serve.
2. Serving: Prepare the garnishes. To assemble, top the tortillas, tostada shells etc. with the chicken and garnish with the avocado slices, cilantro, red onion, and cotija.