***Grilled Baby Red Potatoes with Herbs de Provence***

22 Aug 2019 11:55 #1 by TheBean_TheLeaf
Grilled Baby Red Potatoes with Herbs de Provence

Today I am highlighting one of my very favorite herb blends that can be used on or in so many things. It is a must have in my kitchen at all times and is wonderful with vegetables, meats, eggs, soups and stews, really anything! It is a purely herbal blend of basil, tarragon, thyme, marjoram, chervil & lavender. If in doubt of what herb to use when cooking something get out your Herbs de Provence and you'll be good.

This recipe is a wonderful side for any kind of grilled meat. In fact do yourself a favor and mix some Himalayan salt, garlic powder and Herbs de Provence and make a rub for your steak or chicken while your at it.

To build a strong foundation of flavor, our potato recipe begins with us making an infused oil that will dress our potatoes while they’re grilled.

Ingredients:

2 Lbs. Baby red potatoes, cut in half lengthwise
4 Tbsp Sutter Buttes Arbequina Olive oil
3 Garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp Baking soda
1 Tbsp The Bean & The Leaf Herbs de Provence
The Bean & The Leaf Himalayan Salt to taste
The Bean & The Leaf Black Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp Kosher salt, for water
2 Quarts water for boiling

Instructions:

In a stock pot, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add ½ tsp baking soda and 2 Tbsp Kosher salt. Add potatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until fork tender. While the potatoes are cooking, heat 4 Tbsp olive oil to medium heat. Add garlic and Herbs de Provence and cook for about 2 minutes, or until the garlic is golden. Remove from heat and pour through a fine mesh strainer. Set oil and garlic herb mixtures aside. Strain potatoes and let cool for 1 minute. Place potatoes in a large mixing bowl and add the infused olive oil. Toss potatoes until a paste forms on them, like mashed potatoes.

Preheat grill to medium-high. Oil grates if necessary. Place potatoes on grill. Cook until golden brown, and then flip and grill the other side until golden brown. Remove potatoes from grill and place back into mixing bowl. Add garlic and herb mixture, parsley, and toss well.

For a special treat serve with Savory Lemon Sauce. This is also good drizzled over grilled white fish or chicken.

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp Unsalted butter
2 Tbsp All purpose flour
1 tsp The Bean & The Leaf Herbs de Provence
1 tsp The Bean & The Leaf Himalayan Salt
Black Pepper to taste
1 tsp Lemon Zest
Juice of 1 lemon
1 Cup Vegetable stock

Instructions:

In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 Tbsp butter. Add flour and mix well. Let cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring. Add vegetable stock and lemon juice slowly, whisking. Let cook for 1 minute. Add lemon zest, and Herbs de Provence. Season with Himalayan salt. Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds