How It’s Made: Hearts of Palm. Bonus: salad recipe!

06 Apr 2020 21:54 - 06 Apr 2020 21:55 #1 by ScienceChic
I had no idea how these tasty treats were harvested. If you're a fan of Hearts of Palm, have a look!

This is one of my favorite recipes to make with them:
Avocado, Hearts of Palm, and Red Onion Salad with Coriander Vinaigrette

Ingredients
For vinaigrette:
1 small garlic clove
1/4 c fresh coriander
3 TBSP fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c olive oil (or avocado oil)

For salad:
14-ounce can hearts of palm, drained
2 avocados
1 small red onion, sliced thin
2 c cherry tomoatoes, halved
Boston lettuce leaves (from ~2 heads)

Directions
Make vinaigrette:
Ina blender puree garlic and coriander with lime juice, sugar, and salt. With motor running add oil in a stream, blending until dressing is emulsified.

Make salad:
Cut hearts of palm and avocado into 3/4 inch cubes and in a large bowl with a rubber spatula gently toss with onion and vinaigrette until combined well.

Line 8 salad plates with lettuce leaves and mound avocado mixture on top.

We usually mix everything but the Boston lettuce together and let sit refrigerated overnight so the vinaigrette really soaks in and flavors the mixture. Enjoy!

(P.S. it goes nicely with a crisp, buttery Chardonnay)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds