DINING out? Don't be surprised

20 May 2020 06:28 #1 by homeagain
coloradosun.com/2020/05/19/colorado-rest...9f9cf3f6-Sun-Up&utm_

SO......probably June will be the judgement month for restaurants.....these restrictions are not final,but the capacity issues will be catastrophic .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 May 2020 08:21 #2 by FredHayek
I came across a meme on Facebook, bars at 33% capacity will not work for the owners, so unless you are willing to go out there and drink for those missing 66%, stay home!
So restaurants should work the same way? At 50%, order two meals for yourself?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

25 May 2020 11:21 - 25 May 2020 11:22 #3 by homeagain
Westernslope open for a week or so.MONTROSE gets to open Tues. I think I will wait till
the "confusion" of complacence is worked out. Patio dining on a MAIN HWY does not sound splendid. (a
quirk of mine)...but ,at least, the "start" of summer seems doable. NO bar seating at present,must wear
a mask till seated, no standing in lobby/.entrance...reservations highly recommeneded....my DH is
bummed about no seating at bar...he likes a local pub beer and just socialize. The variance,which was granted,comes with a stipulation of 50 percent capacity AND if case numbers increase to 50 or 60,we are
back to base one.:oregonwine: :cheersbeer: :barbeque:

25 May 2020 12:11 #4 by ScienceChic
Aspen Peak Cellars shared screenshots of the guidelines that were just released; I need to read through them to familiarize myself. While I probably won't be dining in for a while yet, I will continue to get takeout and I am happy for all my friends who own and operate their dining establishments. I worry that they won't be able to cover their overhead with reduced in-person dining, but I hope that this new normal of takeout/delivery will help cover that loss and we can all stay safe and healthy, and our businesses continue to thrive. My gratitude to everyone who's helped support local through all this!

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

drive.google.com/file/d/1_yyWSUnb40TKDBk9EcvYcSkOzhCDV8NA/view

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

26 May 2020 07:23 #5 by FredHayek
Exactly, if you are not comfortable dining out yet, you can still support your local restaurants with takeout at this time. Luckily I patronize some real dives that never have more than 50% capacity so they know how to survive reduced seating already. :barbeque:

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds