Do you hava a recipe for Cheese Enchiladas?

27 Dec 2010 13:21 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Do you hava a recipe for Cheese Enchiladas? was created by CinnamonGirl
I got a request to make cheese enchiladas this weekend. Any good recipes?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Dec 2010 17:32 #2 by HappyCamper
Do you have the Colorado Cache cookbook? There is a great recipe in there for chicken and cheese enchiladas it makes a yummy cream sauce.

I have started mostly cooking for recipes online so let me check if the cookbook is still close by.

27 Dec 2010 18:01 #3 by HappyCamper
Here it is I have made just cheese with the recipe you just need to add more cheese and chilis to it.

This is for 6 servings

2 large whole chicken breast cooked (anyway you like them)
1 cup chpped onion
1 clove minced grlic
2 Tbs butter
1 16oz can chopped tomatoes
1 8oz cn tomato sauce
1/4 cup chooped green chiles (hot or mild)
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp basil
12 corn tortillas
2 cups grated Monterey Jack
1 1/2 cups sour cream

Cut chicken meat into strips, salt to taste. Set aside. In sauce pan saute onion and garlic in butter until soft. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili's,sugar, cumin, salt, oregano, basil. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 20 min. Remove from heat. Dip each tortilla in tomato mixture to soften. Place some chicken and 2 Tbs of cheese on each tortilla roll up and place seam side doen in an ungreases 9 x 13 inch pan. Blend sour cream into remaining sauce mix and pour over enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes until heated through.

We always use way more cheese and chicken than what the recipe wants so go cazy this is just a guideline.

11 Jan 2011 15:44 #4 by MeadowMouse
Sorry this is a late response, haven't signed on in a long time. I usually don't follow a recipe, but use just a few ingredients. If you decide to use chicken, just put some boneless chicken breasts in with a can of enchilada sauce, cook for about 5 or 6 hours until it falls apart.

I fry the corn tortillas in a little oil first, then drain on paper towels. Add jack cheese, (and chicken if you like), drizzle some canned enchilada sauce over the top (not too much, it will get mushy), add a little more cheese of your choice to top and bake at 350 till it smells good.

The corn tortillas turn out crispy and soft on the inside.

11 Jan 2011 15:53 #5 by Grady
Not Cheese, and I haven't tried em, but.....
If you are in the mood for someting a little different

[youtube:124ln8hk]
[/youtube:124ln8hk]

Time to create page: 0.156 seconds