Well done!

22 May 2010 09:07 #1 by Wayne Harrison
Well done! was created by Wayne Harrison
Congrats on your launch.

I'm glad to see someone along the 285 corridor has the current version of phpBB (the forum software). When I left Pinecam five years ago, I took over a caver forum for the national caving group I'm a member of and switched it to phpBB3 (it had just come out then). phpBB3 (which is used here) is the upgrade of phpBB2, which was what I was using on Pinecam (and which they still haven't updated). One advantage of the newer software is server side -- it caches some pages so the server is not as busy. I know that probably doesn't mean much for non-techies but it is important when you start getting lots of traffic.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Job well done" on the concept and implementation of this local site. It gives locals another choice, which is always good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 May 2010 11:34 #2 by MyMountainTown
Replied by MyMountainTown on topic Well done!
Hi Wayne,

We want to thank you for your great ideas and your kudos. Your feedback has been invaluable. We want to make this a website and community forum that you can be proud of. And in the process help hundreds, if not thousands, of other towns connect in the same way. We have more plans and next on the list is an emergency email alert system and someday, hopefully, a text alert system if people are interested in that.

We are still a work in progress and you will see changes all the time. We have more features to roll out. Any and all your ideas help us. Positive or negative that is how you grow.

Thanks again,

285 Bound Staff

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds