Forums opening a new window...

05 Nov 2012 12:14 #1 by Nobody that matters
Would it be possible to have the forums link from the main page open the forums in the existing tab rather than opening a new window by default?

That's how it used to be, and I rather enjoyed it :)

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Nov 2012 12:56 #2 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Forums opening a new window...
Mine opens in a new tab in firefox, not new window. technically speaking. :lol:

If you click on the classifieds forum link on the top left, it doesn't open a new tab. Free trick! :)

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

05 Nov 2012 13:31 - 10 May 2021 03:53 #3 by ScienceChic
Sorry, we're working on this after receiving other feedback on it. FYI, If you click the "Community Forum" button in the "Connect With Us" box, it will open in the same window and it goes straight to the Forum Index Page.

Bookmark this link if you want to bypass the Home Page: mymountaintown.com/forum
(But the Home Page is really cool now so don't!) :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Nov 2012 13:35 - 10 May 2021 03:54 #4 by Nobody that matters

Science Chic wrote: Sorry, we're working on this after receiving other feedback on it. FYI, If you click the "Community Forum" button in the "Connect With Us" box, it will open in the same window and it goes straight to the Forum Index Page.

Bookmark this link if you want to bypass the Home Page: mymountaintown.com/forum
(But the Home Page is really cool now so don't!) :biggrin:

The front page is cool, and has nice pics - I like clicking through, I just don't like multiple winows :)

Thanks!

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

05 Nov 2012 13:38 #5 by ScienceChic
You guys are weird, I love multiple tabs - helps me keep everything organized that I have gone on all at the same time! lol

Hmmm, maybe I should simplify my life... :)

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

05 Nov 2012 14:26 #6 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Forums opening a new window...
LOL, we just like to "drive". I want to right click and "open in a new tab" under my control, not under control of some software weenie program. :)

Its no big deal really, I like the multiple tabs feature most of the time.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

05 Nov 2012 15:31 #7 by Grady

Science Chic wrote: You guys are weird, I love multiple tabs - helps me keep everything organized that I have gone on all at the same time! lol

Hmmm, maybe I should simplify my life... :)

I use multiple tabs all the time, and like the ability to jump from one to the other. However on 285Bound once I click on the forums I no longer need or want the homepage tab. If I want to go back to the home page I'll use the home button.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds