Another Idea.

15 Jan 2013 09:17 #11 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Another Idea.
You can't tell other people how to talk you can just organize it in a way where those that want to insult can go where insults are great. And as a poster you can ignore the posts that don't say much to you. But they may say something to someone else. If it becomes a major issue, there are other tools moderators and admins can use to keep it from getting out of control. No one wants to be told how to talk. It is not the purpose of a forum. The mod/admin tools just help organize. It works well as far as I am concerned.

Balance is key. And honest to god, you don't have to delete anything to do it.

Just my two cents.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2013 09:39 #12 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Another Idea.
I just think it would be easy to just have a section where you get your post deleted if you decide to act like a child. No warning, no appoligy... gone. Even if I ignore a troll's comment, someone else will respond to it and send the thread into the toilet as usual. After getting their posts deleted a few times, the trolls will go back to the Courthouse or the ring where their pathetic style is welcomed.

My two cents

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Jan 2013 09:43 #13 by CinnamonGirl
Go to PC they already have that. And it can be deleted on a whim too.

Edited to add..... Trolls are easy to handle.

15 Jan 2013 09:45 #14 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Another Idea.

Rick wrote: I just think it would be easy to just have a section where you get your post deleted if you decide to act like a child. No warning, no appoligy... gone. Even if I ignore a troll's comment, someone else will respond to it and send the thread into the toilet as usual. After getting their posts deleted a few times, the trolls will go back to the Courthouse or the ring where their pathetic style is welcomed.

My two cents

I ask this question in EARNEST......then why would you be here,on THIS SITE,when Pinecam does that maneuver SO WELL. You would
like a duplicate Pinecam?

15 Jan 2013 09:50 #15 by Rick

CinnamonGirl wrote: Go to PC they already have that. And it can be deleted on a whim too.

PC doesn't have a courthouse or a ring... I'm just suggesting another section where trolls are not welcome...PERIOD. Not saying you have to get rid of the free-for-all sections that already exist. I know it can't be brain surgery to do that and attract more people who normally don't want the drama.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Jan 2013 09:51 #16 by Rick

homeagain wrote:

Rick wrote: I just think it would be easy to just have a section where you get your post deleted if you decide to act like a child. No warning, no appoligy... gone. Even if I ignore a troll's comment, someone else will respond to it and send the thread into the toilet as usual. After getting their posts deleted a few times, the trolls will go back to the Courthouse or the ring where their pathetic style is welcomed.

My two cents

I ask this question in EARNEST......then why would you be here,on THIS SITE,when Pinecam does that maneuver SO WELL. You would
like a duplicate Pinecam?

Because I don't like the people over there and they don't have any free-for-all sections which I will still use. It's just an alternative on a better site... why is that so hard?

George Orwell

15 Jan 2013 09:54 #17 by Rick

CinnamonGirl wrote:

Well they are obviously not, since they thrive here like the flu (and yes, I've been one).

George Orwell

15 Jan 2013 10:42 #18 by Nobody that matters
Replied by Nobody that matters on topic Another Idea.
Trolls, I can make fun of them because I are one.

:)

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

15 Jan 2013 15:21 #19 by CinnamonGirl

Nobody that matters wrote: Trolls, I can make fun of them because I are one.

:)

Please don't flatter yourself. J/K tongue:

15 Jan 2013 16:38 - 15 Jan 2013 16:59 #20 by The Boss
Replied by The Boss on topic Another Idea.
I still see a site that is here talk about the community as you said that has two very heated and disrespectful political forums where the only difference is that in one of them, you bad words get starred. Can I ask why you don't just say the ring is just like the courthouse with no bad words if everyone is so passionate that should be the only difference? If you are getting rid of the bad words for say 10 and 12 year olds....do you really think that 10 and 12 year olds in their bedrooms should be looking at what we write in the courthouse? Just sayin, who are you protecting with what by even having these TWO forums, why not one?

It is a free market. That is what I said in the thread about a new site to start. I recognized there was some demand for more, I told the company that I have been going to that I wanted this new product, some others have agreed, I talked it over with the other customers.

Most of the customers have come to the conclusion that they don't want a place to discuss politics and economics without insulting language, this is a material element to most of the posters here, there is no denying, you have spent the last week justifying it and getting support from the admin because it is what you want. Even though some people want it, maybe even more than want the campfire (please read that again, perhaps you can axe the campfire if this is about demand), the people that run this business do not feel that the demand is there.

I have not been requesting a pinecam forum, I too left that place and that other more loopy extreme chat board that eventually would not even let people in. (anyone remember the name of that one).

So in the end CG, it is your business, I appreciate that or whoever now owns, runs or has an interest in it. Just keep in mind that after trying here, that the only reason there is not another place around here to discuss politics in a mature way, is that me and others have not taken the time to do so....and everyone chill out about me proposing a competing site....it has been made brutally clear that what I want is not in demand around here, so no competition.

To each their own, and to those that said I was trying to over think it. Um yes, trying to make a place that is mean and hateful into a better place of understanding and communication is taxing on the brain....that is why is originally proposed another place.

So we are left, just like with walmart, with one option, because the market won't support another option, even if there is some demand for it. Remember when you could go to a little small town toy store....remember when their were even the toys R us that replaced the little store....now we just get the walmart toy section and online shopping.....I was asking to bring back the small town toy store, but we are stuck shopping at wal-mart, because that is what everyone else does.

Oh well, I guess we will just stay the way we are. At least I can move forward saying I tried my best, perhaps even too much.

I am glad that everyone has determined that they get the most out of this site and its political and econ content just the way it is. I personally think it is a great place, but not for that purpose, I think this forum, in its current form, works against any productive solutions, which if smart people spend their time there, it means we have wasted potential brain power.

But it just apparently feels better to tell the people around here how dumb they are. It just feels kind of silly, what are people actually getting off on with this content? So I will come and go and get pissed off on a regular basis and maybe leave for good one day. I am sad, I really tried to maintain hope that I could have intelligent discussions with people who disagree with me. I guess I just need to find such group that is just a little more collectively mature and that shares my goals. If I find one, I will let you know. Meanwhile, continue chewing each other butts, because you like the taste, I found it to be kinda bitter-sweet.

Thanks for starting the site. Thanks for letting me voice my opinion, to bad, I feel we are so far from our potential.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds