Another Idea.

15 Jan 2013 16:54 #21 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Another Idea.

So in the end CG, it is your business,

285bound.com is not my business anymore. Communities Bound is though. All sites are independently owned and operated. I was describing how I run sites when I own them and how we consult our affiliates. I have total confidence in how I would run a site. I give advise and the owners make their own decisions.

"On that note", I appreciate your thoughts.

Hey and tomorrow we will be announcing a new site in Colorado!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Jan 2013 16:57 #22 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Another Idea.
Thanks for trying OTN.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

15 Jan 2013 17:01 #23 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic Another Idea.

Rick wrote: Thanks for trying OTN.

Yes I thought OTN was trying for a different category of a forum, but it got confused with moderation. Oh well. Communication is hard.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

15 Jan 2013 17:15 #24 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Another Idea.

LOL wrote:

Rick wrote: Thanks for trying OTN.

Yes I thought OTN was trying for a different category of a forum, but it got confused with moderation. Oh well. Communication is hard.

Same thing really.

15 Jan 2013 18:50 #25 by The Boss
Replied by The Boss on topic Another Idea.
It's kind of ironic that the one thing that EVERYONE wants from everyone else in the real world is respect and that one thing is completely optional around here.

I understand this is the site most people wanted, I feel it does accurately represent the community up in the 285 corridor....which is exactly why I moved. It was my mistake to think that those that cannot seem to get along without massive mtn govts would somehow be able to all of the sudden have respect here.

My only hope is that my current community stays away from message boards. The are like hard drugs, the feel good while you are using them and especially when you are in a shit show like this, really hurt every other aspect of you, your family and community. If you see me post, it is because I am addicted to this somewhat bad process.

It does not need to be this way, but it is they way people want it here.

Honestly, I think I am going to go back and see how bad pinecam is after all this. If all the shit slingers are here, perhaps that is a better place now. Given a lot of their dirty laundry seems to be aired here, I wonder if they are talking about this stuff, where no one at 285bound seems to understand the concept of respect in speech.

In the end, the current state of affairs confirms that often it is six or one half dozen. It's 285bound or pinecam. Too bad no one wants a dozen. Perhaps both sites have sunk to the same level, just took different paths.

Whatever, it's your site, not mine. Thanks again for everyone that at least had the conversation about respect, now I really believe that you guys don't demand it, I cannot figure out why, but if this place can continue to exist sustainably without it, then there really is something unique going on here.

This problem would have solved itself if it was unacceptable to call someone names, unacceptable to the other people on this site, but what is common is the stupid ass sides for the those that have no brains and follow/worship leaders. These folks are so devoid of human respect that they actually will let someone on their childish kiddy side insult someone else and not call them out. This site is this way because liberals allow other liberals to talk any way they want and conservatives allow conservatives any way they want - these folks don't realize how just plain dumb they look. These people that join these groups or align to the point of allowing the trash talk to come from THEIR OWN SIDE, in the end are the problem. This is Raees not telling LJ how rude she is and not even being ashamed that someone they not only agree with, but just about worship is a rude worthless communicator. This is Fred not telling Otis how rude he is. This is not about those that disagree with your philosophy, this are about the absolutely poor behavior of those that agree with you. This all happens because of your precious society ruining sides that don't really exists and are not actually materially very different. People need to start keeping their own families honest. But what am I saying, keep doing the same thing, you will get the same results and you will love them, nothing will ever get resolved ever, and that is Exactly what the trolls and brainless people trying to debate politics will get.

Those that set up this site like this, just become facilitators, I am addicted to this site and places like it that have a clear negative impact on society and the local community when run the way they are. But we have the right to ruin our communities and nation, if you have not noticed, we are pretty damn good at it.

FLAME ON.

15 Jan 2013 23:49 #26 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Another Idea.
I gotta hand it to you.....You go to great lengths to point out our bad behavior and lack of respect, while simultaneously insulting and disrespecting the site, the owner of the site, and the posters.

16 Jan 2013 06:09 #27 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Another Idea.

on that note wrote: It's kind of ironic that the one thing that EVERYONE wants from everyone else in the real world is respect and that one thing is completely optional around here.

I understand this is the site most people wanted, I feel it does accurately represent the community up in the 285 corridor....which is exactly why I moved. It was my mistake to think that those that cannot seem to get along without massive mtn govts would somehow be able to all of the sudden have respect here.

My only hope is that my current community stays away from message boards. The are like hard drugs, the feel good while you are using them and especially when you are in a sh** show like this, really hurt every other aspect of you, your family and community. If you see me post, it is because I am addicted to this somewhat bad process.

It does not need to be this way, but it is they way people want it here.

Honestly, I think I am going to go back and see how bad pinecam is after all this. If all the sh** slingers are here, perhaps that is a better place now. Given a lot of their dirty laundry seems to be aired here, I wonder if they are talking about this stuff, where no one at 285bound seems to understand the concept of respect in speech.

In the end, the current state of affairs confirms that often it is six or one half dozen. It's 285bound or pinecam. Too bad no one wants a dozen. Perhaps both sites have sunk to the same level, just took different paths.

Whatever, it's your site, not mine. Thanks again for everyone that at least had the conversation about respect, now I really believe that you guys don't demand it, I cannot figure out why, but if this place can continue to exist sustainably without it, then there really is something unique going on here.

This problem would have solved itself if it was unacceptable to call someone names, unacceptable to the other people on this site, but what is common is the stupid ass sides for the those that have no brains and follow/worship leaders. These folks are so devoid of human respect that they actually will let someone on their childish kiddy side insult someone else and not call them out. This site is this way because liberals allow other liberals to talk any way they want and conservatives allow conservatives any way they want - these folks don't realize how just plain dumb they look. These people that join these groups or align to the point of allowing the trash talk to come from THEIR OWN SIDE, in the end are the problem. This is Raees not telling LJ how rude she is and not even being ashamed that someone they not only agree with, but just about worship is a rude worthless communicator. This is Fred not telling Otis how rude he is. This is not about those that disagree with your philosophy, this are about the absolutely poor behavior of those that agree with you. This all happens because of your precious society ruining sides that don't really exists and are not actually materially very different. People need to start keeping their own families honest. But what am I saying, keep doing the same thing, you will get the same results and you will love them, nothing will ever get resolved ever, and that is Exactly what the trolls and brainless people trying to debate politics will get.

Those that set up this site like this, just become facilitators, I am addicted to this site and places like it that have a clear negative impact on society and the local community when run the way they are. But we have the right to ruin our communities and nation, if you have not noticed, we are pretty damn good at it.

FLAME ON.

PERHAPS you will need to learn the BOLDED on your own......I can save you the trouble, but it probably WON'T be heard/accepted.
Let me put this a politically sagacious as possible.

THE NAMES WILL CHANGE, BUT THE BEHAVIOR WON'T. There are several Pro-gun/NRA/testosterone laden posters (who I have INTIMATE,read heated, conversations(?) with. THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND CIVIL/RESPECT/ debate mode.

The debate mode is IDENTICAL to The Courthouse.....(I believe I indicated that to you previously).......WHY do you think I left(got
banned,they would say)?........Because I called the posters on their shit and they didn't like it......I gave what I got and it turned
into a dirt throwing disaster.......threads were deleted,hacked to pieces and so moderated that it was useless.....BUT you go there
and find these things out for yourself.....GOOD LUCK because you will certainly need it. JMO

16 Jan 2013 06:50 #28 by The Dude
Replied by The Dude on topic Another Idea.
Can we please merge all of On That Notes whinning threads? These are getting annoying!

16 Jan 2013 07:33 #29 by Nobody that matters
Replied by Nobody that matters on topic Another Idea.

on that note wrote: keep doing the same thing, you will get the same results and you will love them, nothing will ever get resolved ever,

Resolved? There's your problem. Nothing is ever going to get resolved here because not a single person on this forum has the power to implement any resolution.

Quit looking for the resolution. There will never be one. The forum is all about posting opinions and ideas. There has never been any attempts at reaching a consensus... it would be meaningless if we did.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds