Win $1,000 Holiday Cash - split from Campfire thread

23 Oct 2013 10:29 - 23 Oct 2013 10:38 #1 by Venturer
Thanks but being that this website is associated with Conifer Chamber of Commerce I can not in good conscience participate.

If you want a sample of what the real SC is like, view the Ring version of Defend Your Position. I am appalled that two business women would behave so deplorably.

I am sure Pinecam is very much enjoying it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Oct 2013 10:35 #2 by FOS
oh for goodness sake. :smackshead:

23 Oct 2013 10:36 #3 by FOS
SC....don't mention that it is a beautiful day.....

23 Oct 2013 10:41 #4 by Venturer
Frogger you don't help any.

SC say it is a beautiful day. At least it would be a positive step in the right direction. Stop the foul mouth, personal attacks and present yourself as a sincere, good businesswoman. So far you aren't making it. Doesn't Conifer Chamber of Commerce teach classes in how to successfully promote your business? You are totally responsible and capable of having a successful business.

23 Oct 2013 11:00 #5 by FOS
Foul Mouth?.....At the risk of having my business attacked.....yep...I am sure that is next.
Geeeez...anytime anyone ever disagrees with you or your family there is hell to pay.
Same MO. Same tactics.
First you don't like CG. Then you don't like SC because she disagrees with you on an issue.
Can you ever just debate an issue without making it personal?
Can you just stick to the facts without character assignations and all this other crap?
This has been going on for years and I am sooooo tired of it.
Would you like the number to my employer?

I will just sit and wait for the same attack on me because I think your behavior is petty.
Have a beautiful day windpeak......geeeeez.

23 Oct 2013 15:06 #6 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Win $1,000 Holiday Cash - split from Campfire thread

WindPeak wrote: Thanks but being that this website is associated with Conifer Chamber of Commerce I can not in good conscience participate.

I'm with ya on this one Windy, but not because of SC, but because: Where are the proceeds of this "raffle" (AKA racket) going to? These guys are worse than Bookmakers because with Books at least you know what the odds of winning are- and usually raffles are conducted to benefit sombody or something worthwhile, a kid with Cancer or a charity. What are these guys using the money for?

It just says "Raffle"?

I should start a raffle for me? or for my kids college fund or something...ha..Take in 3 grand and payout 1, and then use the money against the peoples interests...Its criminal

23 Oct 2013 16:23 #7 by ScienceChic
It says above, "Help Support Christmas in Conifer" - the proceeds go to the Christmas Parade - it's not cheap to put on and the Chamber is a nonprofit organization. The Chamber organizes this event every year, this is the 31st annual, and it's for the enjoyment of the community and for the benefit of the businesses who participate - the Christmas Markets and sponsorship advertising help bring in revenue and provide exposure for those participating. It's a win-win for everyone!

This is not the national Chamber of Commerce, this is your local Chamber that helps support and promote your local businesses and nonprofits, all 278+ members. It's a worthwhile event and a good, upstanding organization that's been in existence since the early 70s. Again, if you have a problem with me, fine, but there's no need to take it out on others who didn't do anything to you. If you want to know who the real SC is, look at EVERY thread I've ever posted on this site and Pinecam - don't cherry-pick one or two threads in one forum, and look at what this business has done for this community and the value it's provided its members. If you have a problem with the National Chamber, fine; but please don't take it out on the one that is made up of your local business owners and nonprofit organizations.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 Oct 2013 17:09 #8 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Win $1,000 Holiday Cash - split from Campfire thread
Oh Ok..I didn't see that..I thought they'd be giving all the money to some anti worker, anti people, anti middle class project or lobbyiest or something..

Never mind

23 Oct 2013 17:17 #9 by Blondie

Big Dougy wrote: Oh Ok..I didn't see that..I thought they'd be giving all the money to some anti worker, anti people, anti middle class project or lobbyiest or something..

Never mind

So will we you see you at the parade? I will toss you some candy. For free

23 Oct 2013 21:35 #10 by UNDER MODERATION

Blondie wrote:

Big Dougy wrote: Oh Ok..I didn't see that..I thought they'd be giving all the money to some anti worker, anti people, anti middle class project or lobbyiest or something..

Never mind

So will we you see you at the parade? I will toss you some candy. For free

Yeah, firemen riding on a trailer- How exciting, but I'll come if the Shiners are there

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds