Missing sig lines

09 Nov 2014 09:53 #1 by HEARTLESS
Missing sig lines was created by HEARTLESS
I've noticed missing sig lines for a couple posters.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Nov 2014 10:09 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Missing sig lines
Hmm. Can you be more specific? Do you mean that they are gone entirely, or that part of a their message isn't being displayed? If you could PM me who it is, I'd be happy to take a look.

That reminds me, I need to get that topic up on our FAQ Forum - how to put a message in your sig...

Thanks!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Nov 2014 10:16 #3 by HEARTLESS
Replied by HEARTLESS on topic Missing sig lines
Both mine and Rick's are MIA, there may be more.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

09 Nov 2014 10:19 #4 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Missing sig lines

HEARTLESS wrote: Both mine and Rick's are MIA, there may be more.

Speaking of missing, I now have to click on private messages to see if I have any. The old flag that I had a PM is missing.

09 Nov 2014 11:25 #5 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Missing sig lines
Heartless, check your Private Messages. Nothing was done to Rick's, I would recommend asking him if he modified it.

If you'd like to put a message in your signature line, go to your Profile Page, click "Edit", then select "Update My Profile" under that drop-down menu. Click the "Forum" tab (4th one over from the left) and that opens the dialog box in which you can type whatever you'd like, add a link, etc, then Click Update to save it. There's a graphic image tutorial posted here . There's a 500 character limit, and keep in mind if you put something like a YouTube video link, it will show the large YouTube display at the bottom of every one of your posts which will be annoying for the other members trying to read a thread - if you could put a * on either side of the link (like I did on mine) to keep it from automatically doing that, it would be most appreciated.

BlazerBob, you can see if you have a message by going to your Profile Page or the Home Page - that message displays underneath your username on those pages, just not the forum pages. We turned off the ability to log in and out on the forum pages because it was confusing with having the log in/out message on the left as well, and unfortunately, the "You have 1 new Private Message" display was attached to that box. FYI, if you haven't turned on email alerts for your PMs (it isn't on by default), you can do that by following the tutorial here . Then you will receive an email when someone sends you a PM so you don't have to manually check it.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds