How do I find Posters?

09 Aug 2015 15:05 #1 by Ashley
SC it is probably staring me right in the face but how do I find posters names. I am looking for the Archdiocese so that I may PM them but not finding it. I tried private messages but I must be missing something here as well. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Aug 2015 16:57 #2 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic How do I find Posters?
Hi Ashley, no, that is a great question you asked as it's not intuitive - thank you! The member list search function is located on the first page of the Local Business Directory (top menu bar, 2nd from the right).

Here is the Profile Page for the Archdiocese of Denver . Since they are a nonprofit organization, they are located in both the Business Directory (it's in alphabetical order, they are on Page 2 as Camp St Malo Religious Retreat and Conference Center) and in the Member Directory under Archdiocese.

In the future, when you want to search for someone, go to the Local Businesses page, click on the menu button on the left and select Members, then click the 'Search Users' link under the button. It's a long list in alphabetical order and unfortunately, the system doesn't give us any other search options to narrow it down (like picking the first letter of a username). I'm hoping we can fix that with future updates.

Another way to look for members, if they've posted at least once, is to do a Search on the forums for them or a post that you remember they made. The one thing that often trips me up is forgetting to change the default of time on how far back to search - the default is 'One year ago', but there is an option of 'Any date' that allows you to search the entire history. Unfortunately, if they've never posted, it will come back as Not Found.

If you get too stuck and don't want to go through the entire list of 2,700+ members, just PM me and let me know for whom you are looking - I can search in the back end more quickly and I'm happy to help out.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds