Inability to access MMT

05 May 2019 08:27 #1 by ramage
On a recent cruise. MMT was blocked on the internet. Has anyone else had this happen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 May 2019 09:04 #2 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Inability to access MMT
I haven't seen this issue. About to go on a cruise next month, I will check then. Which line?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

05 May 2019 11:44 #3 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic Inability to access MMT

ramage wrote: On a recent cruise. MMT was blocked on the internet. Has anyone else had this happen?

No but for me the site makes me log in every time I come here.

05 May 2019 13:29 #4 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Inability to access MMT
Cunard, owned by Carnival.

05 May 2019 14:51 #5 by homeagain
Replied by homeagain on topic Inability to access MMT

Blazer Bob wrote:

ramage wrote: On a recent cruise. MMT was blocked on the internet. Has anyone else had this happen?

No but for me the site makes me log in every time I come here.

SAME here, even tho I check remember me....

05 May 2019 14:54 #6 by MountainTownTechCrew
Hello ramage,

Was your cruise done outside of North America? If so, you wouldn't have been able to see it because we have the site blocked everywhere but in this region in order to keep spam and hacker attacks held to a minimum. If it was in waters around the U.S., we'll check with our web developer as we've not had that issue come up before. Our apologies for the inconvenience.

BlazerBob, have you cleared all of your cookies (and you aren't blocking them)? If so and that hasn't fixed the issue, please reply and we'll check back with the web developer on this. We had another member email and ask about this right after the upgrade and thought we'd turned the option back on and it was working fine.

Thank you for the questions everyone! Please let us know if you have any other issues we can help with!

05 May 2019 17:03 #7 by FredHayek

ramage wrote: Cunard, owned by Carnival.

Our cruise will be on a Carnival line ship too, Holland America. We will check.

06 May 2019 16:43 #8 by ramage
Replied by ramage on topic Inability to access MMT
Yes, my cruise was outside of the North America. Happy to know that the block was pro-active rather than blocked by another entity. I should note that Pinecam.com was accessible.

07 May 2019 11:52 #9 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Inability to access MMT
Thank you for letting me know that it wasn't an issue with a nearby cruise.

Other sites make different choices on how to operate. Our members' and our sites' security is of paramount importance to us; the last thing we want is someone hacking us and obtaining your emails so we felt it was more important to limit access, even if it hurts our views, rather than take the chance. Unfortunately, it does limit our members who want to stay on top of what's happening, especially as fire season kicks up, and I am truly sorry for that inconvenience. I know if I was out of the country that I would worry about any emergencies that might affect my home while I was away, and that's why we utilize our social media accounts so heavily (Facebook and Twitter) for sharing when things like that occur. I'm hoping you had someone watching your home who knows to check here for fires!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

08 May 2019 08:53 #10 by FredHayek
Makes sense to limit foreign attacks. I am so glad I am not in IT. Constant challenges.

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds