Relief for Sciatica - Karraker Chiropractic

05 Apr 2011 14:12 #1 by chirodrk1
So for this week's post I put up an article I found on Epidural injections for sciatica. While I am not against epidural shots, I would say in moderation and for temporary relief these shots may bring results. Also one should understand what the reason for receiving the epidural shots is, and what outcomes they are hoping to achieve.

Epidural Shots primarily are to relieve pain. Most of the time this is short term relief. What I have seen is that people often will receive these shots, start feeling better and then become over active and end up injuring the area worse. For sciatica and many other conditions it is most important to find out the cause of the symptoms so that you can correct the cause thus cure the symptoms. Many times shots as well as pain medications and anti-inflammatories are used just to treat a patient's symptoms. However, getting rid of the symptoms does not address the cause nor cure the problem, and therefore the symptoms will return. Sometimes the symptoms return with a vengeance and you won't be able to get out of bed. Your body is telling you, "the injuries are to severe and you will not be going anywhere today." I have gotten the calls before, patients wanting me to come to their homes because they can't get out of bed.

Instead these medications are great for relaxing the area and allowing doctors of chiropractic to get in and do some much needed body work. Many times if it is a lower back condition that can be corrected with chiropractic care, within a few visits the person will be up and around, able to work and enjoy their life again. I've also included a video of a sciatic stretch that will help to relieve the pressure on the sciatic nerve. If you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

To Your Health
Dr. Greg [/size]

Read More about Epidural Injecations at:

http://www.dynamicchiropractic.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=38543

Sciatic Stretch:
[youtube:1tts9tni]
[/youtube:1tts9tni]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds