Back Exercises.

25 Apr 2011 06:31 #1 by Crazy Heart
Back Exercises. was created by Crazy Heart
Do you give back exercises that help with your treatments?

When I used to go to the chiropractor I was always really worried that I would knock out what the Dr. did. Then I went to a chiropractor that gave me a few things to try and he said it would keep things together. I think that is what he means. This is all before the internet and I lost all the ones he gave me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Apr 2011 12:30 #2 by chirodrk1
Replied by chirodrk1 on topic Back Exercises.
Hello Crazy Heart

Exercises are very good, and I do give them out to my patients for certain things. When you have specific exercises for certain muscle groups it can definitely help hold your chiropractic adjustments longer. The muscles that support the spine are smaller muscle groups so that when you are exercising the bigger muscle groups it is better to do lighter weight and more repetitions. This in turn tires the bigger muscles causing them to call on the help of the smaller muscle groups and all of them gets a good work out. Many people do heavier weights and fewer repetitions. This builds and strengthens the larger muscles but doesn't do much for the smaller supporting muscles. Also, when you are performing your exercises, make sure your form is good and you are doing the repetitions slowly to get a good muscle burn.

I started receiving chiropractic care when I was 17. I also have been lifting weights over the past twenty years and with my type of work and the stress related to it, I find that I am getting my chiropractic adjustments about once to twice a month. This depends on my activity level and the different stresses that may come my way. I generally try and encourage my patients to come in on a monthly basis for maintenance care. When you include exercises with your chiropractic care it definitely helps you feel a lot better and hold your adjustments longer.

09 May 2011 13:23 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Back Exercises.
:like:

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds