Diabetic Neuropathy - How I Can Help!

29 Apr 2011 07:50 #1 by chirodrk1
Hello I found this article on diabetic neuropathy and wanted to post it as to it explains this type of neuropathy very well. The laser has had some very good results in treating diabetic neuropathy, as well as other types of neuropathy. Along with the laser treatment I have found that getting the patient into a custom designed pair of orthotics helps the healing and the results from the treatment to last longer. With diabetic neuropathy the person may have to continue with a maintenance dose to keep the symptoms from returning but this is generally less expensive then the drugs they are having to take to help control the pain, numbness, tingling and burning. It also helps minimize the toll the drugs are taking on their vital organs such as the liver and kidneys.

To Your Health
Dr Greg

http://www.dynamicchiropractic.com/mpac ... p?id=55284

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 May 2011 16:47 #2 by Crazy Heart
What is Neuropathy? Something about it messing around with the brain?

24 May 2011 13:46 #3 by chirodrk1
Crazy Heart,

So sorry it took me this long to reply to your question. Neuropathy is damage to the nerves in the peripheral nervous system. Generally affecting the nerves in the distal portions of the arms, hands, legs and feet. It can be caused from other diseases such as diabetes or also trauma can cause it. Chemotherapy can also bring it on. The symptoms usually include numbness, tingling, pins and needles, burning, and pain. A person can have all of those symptoms or a combination of those symptoms. Most doctors will tell you there is no cure for neuropathy and try to manage the symptoms with a wide variety of pain medications. It can be very painful and debilitating. Laser treatment has been getting very good results in treating it and curing people from it.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

To Your Health
Dr Greg

24 May 2011 13:55 #4 by TPP
Being type 2, I always hurt, (Imgine the qout doesn't help do you have any info on (if I heard it correctly) decompression?
don't get me wrong, love my drugs, but....

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds