A General Explains Benefits of Chiropractic to the Military

13 Dec 2011 09:43 #1 by chirodrk1
Hello Everyone,

I saw this news story and thought it would be nice to share as it explains the need for, and benefits of, chiropractic care for our soldiers. You may not be participating in the same type of strenuous activities that our brave men and women are daily, but even just our daily chores aorund home can take a toll on our bodies. Chiropractic adjustments can help you too! Give me a call, I'd be happy to assist you in relieving your pain and discomfort, especially during the holidays which can be very stressful.

To your health,
Dr Greg

She says that time spent with her chiropractor is better than any drug she has ever had prescribed, noting, “Listening appears to be a major tool of my chiropractor’s doc kit in order to get to the root cause of my pain and discomfort without just masking the problem with drugs with all their side effects.”

Halstead explains that a chiropractor “… allows me to be part of the solution and encourages me to be part of my own wellness plan. One of the greatest emotions in the world is relief, and that is exactly what my chiropractor provides me—a tremendous amount of relief from my pain.”

U.S. Army Brigadier General Becky Halstead (Retired), Veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan, Speaks Out for Chiropractic Care
http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site ... ewsLang=en

[youtube:1nghi322]
[/youtube:1nghi322]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Dec 2011 14:14 #2 by ScienceChic
It looks like the military is embracing even more alternative medical treatments and therapies! :like:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/12 ... kclickthru
Inside the Pentagon’s Alt-Medicine Mecca, Where the Generals Meditate
By Katie Drummond
December 23, 2011

Yoga is now a mainstay at Walter Reed and other military hospitals, and even part of routine training for personnel.

The Pentagon is turning to alternative medicine to help alleviate the devastating symptoms of Post-traumatic stress disorder that afflict more than 250,000 military personnel; soothe the brain trauma that’s left thousands more with tremors, speech impediments and memory lapses; and assuage the chronic pain that lingers after grueling, repeat deployments. The Samueli Institute might be the Pentagon’s best chance at making alt-medicine work. Or, at least, figuring out if it even stands a chance.

Actual medical care is sometimes even worse. For all three conditions — PTSD, chronic pain, and TBI — prescription drugs are the primary mode of treatment. Narcotic painkillers, antipsychotics and sleeping pills have been handed out in record numbers. But if anything, the drug abuse and addiction borne of that strategy is becoming a medical problem of its own: 73 percent of accidental deaths among military personnel last year were linked to prescription drugs.

Of course, before military doctors could prescribe yoga over Prozac, the Pentagon had to show that it worked. They needed research. Still, a body of supporting evidence — both scientific and anecdotal — is growing. The stories from soldiers and veterans who’ve benefited from alt-medicine are even more compelling than the research.

The science and the stories make it clear: Something about alt-medicine is working.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

31 Dec 2011 08:55 #3 by CinnamonGirl
This is surprising to me. But chiropractic is focused on the back and it makes sense. When I used to go to the doctor for my back issues, they gave me medication and it never worked. Chiropractor was the only thing that worked and if I go for preventative I never have the issue in the first place.

Great articles.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds