I need a lawyer..

21 Jan 2013 11:11 #1 by RY
I need a lawyer.. was created by RY
.... who is very familiar with dealing with car accident insurance issues. I need someone really aggressive as StateFarm is trying to intimidate me (accident was their clients fault). Any recommendations?
thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Jan 2013 06:11 #2 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic I need a lawyer..
If you have good evidence, try call7 investigators http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/investigations

Just send them an email. They also have a link at the bottom for car accident lawyers and info.

I used call7 once for a billing dispute and they helped out and got it resolved quickly.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

22 Jan 2013 06:38 #3 by Nobody that matters
Unless you're with State Farm as well, going after the other guy's insurance is what your company is supposed to be doing. Talk to your agent and get them on the ball - the insurance companies have teams of lawyers that deal with this stuff all day long.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

22 Jan 2013 08:07 #4 by RY
Replied by RY on topic I need a lawyer..
thank you both, I will check out both possibilities. One should think if an accident clearly wasn't your fault (and the other driver even admitted it AND the other insurance accepted the claim) that there should be no problems, but that is not the case, they are making this very difficult.

22 Jan 2013 08:48 #5 by Nobody that matters

Royal Yoga wrote: thank you both, I will check out both possibilities. One should think if an accident clearly wasn't your fault (and the other driver even admitted it AND the other insurance accepted the claim) that there should be no problems, but that is not the case, they are making this very difficult.

You shouldn't even be talking to the other driver or their insurance, only to yours. Anything you say can hurt your insurance company's case. That's what you pay them for - to represent you.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

22 Jan 2013 16:44 #6 by RY
thank you again NTM for the great advice. I will call my insurance tomorrow as well to see what they can do; spent another day at the docs. this is turning into a FT job. I should get paid for it...

30 Jan 2013 13:22 #7 by RY

Nobody that matters wrote: Unless you're with State Farm as well, going after the other guy's insurance is what your company is supposed to be doing. Talk to your agent and get them on the ball - the insurance companies have teams of lawyers that deal with this stuff all day long.

NTM, I spoke w my insurance and they told me that only the other driver's insurance is responsible. And after speaking w them I was informed that all expenses, such as doc bills, PT, massage.... have to be paid by me up front to be re-reimbursed when the settlement is being reached. Do these people think I have money laying around everywhere? Trying to find an attorney now and see what they say...

30 Jan 2013 13:23 #8 by RY

LOL wrote: If you have good evidence, try call7 investigators http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/investigations

Just send them an email. They also have a link at the bottom for car accident lawyers and info.

I used call7 once for a billing dispute and they helped out and got it resolved quickly.

emailed them but haven't heard back yet..

30 Jan 2013 14:31 #9 by bailey bud
Replied by bailey bud on topic I need a lawyer..
I'd skip the TV station. You want results, not publicity.

When faced with the threat of publicity, most insurance companies will attack you.

My first choice would be my own insurance company.

You can likely get a hawkish lawyer (Sawaya, for example) ---- but he's going to take a portion of the proceeds for himself.

30 Jan 2013 16:50 #10 by LOL
Replied by LOL on topic I need a lawyer..
Royal- another idea is to try the Colorado insurance commission DORA -just google it. You can submit a complaint with them, doubt it will be a fast process though.

As for call7- I had good results with them. It does not have to be a big newsworthy issue with publicity, they have a small staff that will email and work the phones for you to get a stubborn non-responsive company to pay attention. It worked for me. Good luck!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds