Jeffco Schools Needs Mtn Area Custodians

10 Jan 2014 13:57 #1 by Jekyll
A close friend of mine that works as a custodian up here in the mountains wanted me to post this because the custodial dept at the schools is having major trouble finding people that want to drive up here from the city.
They are in DIRE need of substitute custodians to work full time for the schools up here. It's $9/hr, 40hrs a week and I believe there's benies too. There's always the chance that the subs could be sent down the hill, but subs are sent wherever they're needed. If the applicant just makes sure to stress that they want to stay in the mountains, there's more than a good chance they'll constantly stay up here I guess. It's full time with perks so if you have anyone in mind that's reliable, has solid transportation and can understand that custodians are expected to do a lot more than empty trash (so learn what it actually takes to clean a building and deep clean the schools during summer, aka: physical work) then they should google Jeffco Public Schools website and surf around to find where to apply online, it's that easy. My friend says thanks in advance, and I also like the opportunity to relay work availability to some of the younger people up here too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 Jan 2014 20:57 #2 by Jekyll
BUMPITY BUMP!

14 Jan 2014 20:03 #3 by Unpopular Poster
Replied by Unpopular Poster on topic Jeffco Schools Needs Mtn Area Custodians
Are you kidding? Mcdonalds pays $9/hour. Why don't we just pay the guy a living wage since the government will be paying for his food stamps anyway?

I made $9/hour back in 1980 when gas was like 69 cents gallon, my electric bill was $22, my phone bill was $11 and water was free.

19 Jan 2014 02:37 #4 by Jekyll

Super Malta wrote: Are you kidding? Mcdonalds pays $9/hour. Why don't we just pay the guy a living wage since the government will be paying for his food stamps anyway?

I made $9/hour back in 1980 when gas was like 69 cents gallon, my electric bill was $22, my phone bill was $11 and water was free.

I have to agree that the wages are pretty bad but the benies you get in the job offset that quite a bit man. Employer provided healthcare, dental and vision. PERA plan or 401K. Every weekend off. Every holiday off. Personal leave, sick leave and vacation leave. Voluntary overtime for weekend activities and overtime pay for snow removal. It's an indoors job. Forty hours a week guaranteed and it's not flipping burgers in a hot @$$ kitchen with minimal perks or working as a bagger at Kings for about $7.25. I know Loaf N' Jug pays about $8.50 and that sucks too. I'd say the custodial gig really ain't that bad.

19 Jan 2014 02:43 #5 by Jekyll
Plus it's damn secure. Remember what NYC looked like during the "garbage strike"? People need those lower people on the totem pole to keep the upper echelons running. Without custodians those places would be a bonifide biohazard. Job security and hours are hot items for folks these days, especially younger people that want to build some independence. Things aren't what they were twenty years ago. People may not like the way economics work in this country (myself included) but why turn down a job because of politics? Bagh!

25 Feb 2014 12:09 #6 by Jekyll
...bump...

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds