Welcome to Dr Greg Karraker DC-About us

20 Jan 2011 13:21 #1 by chirodrk1
Karraker Chiropractic is glad to be on board with the 285bound community.

Hello my name is Dr Greg Karraker. I am a doctor of Chiropractic and have been in practice in the Northglenn, CO area for over twenty years. I also have a satelite practice in the Bailey, CO.

There is so much information out there on wholistic health care and chiropractic care. I look forward to bringing this information to our forum. I would also be more than happy to try and answer any healthcare questions one might have in connection with chiropractic care, wholistic healthcare or laser therapy. With twenty years of experience I have treated many auto related injuries, work related injuries, and sports related injuries. I also maintain a rather large family practice and offer great care for the entire family. For those injuries or conditions requiring further referrals I have developed some great relationships with some of the best physical therapists, massage therapists, orthopedic surgeons, and neurosugeons in the state.

One of the latest pieces of equiptment I have obtained for treatment is an Avicenna high powered therapeutic laser. With it I am seeing some miraculous things. I have been able to get great results with failed back surgeries; pain from shoulder, hip or knee replacement surgeries; healing of peripheral and diabetic neuropathy; enhanced healing of bad sprain/ strain injuries and fractures. I will be bringing more articles to the forum about this new technology as well.

I grew up in Woodland Park, Co and obtained my pre-med at Pikes Peak Community College before going to Life Chiropractic University in Marietta, GA for my doctorate. I moved my family back to Colorado after graduating and began my practice in the Northglenn area in 1990. Chiropractic care can be a very dynamic and integral part of a person's healthcare. I enjoy my work very much and look forward to helping many more people began thier journey to a healthier, happier, pain free life.

Please do not hesitate to post questions on my forum or contact me: phone: (303) 457-4928; email: . ; or visit my laser website: [url=http://www.rockymountainlasertherapy.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.rockymountainlasertherapy.com[/url].

Thanks
Dr Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Jan 2011 19:32 #2 by JMC
Welcome to the site, looking forward to your imfo.

24 Jan 2011 07:36 #3 by Ice
does chiropractic help sciatica?

24 Jan 2011 15:34 #4 by chirodrk1
Hello,

Chiropractic and sciatic pain. Sciatica: "a syndrome characterized by pain radiating from the back into the buttock and into the lower extremity along its posterior or lateral aspect, and most commonly caused by prolapse of the intervertebral disk; the term is also used to refer to pain anywhere along the course of the sciatic nerve." Medical Dictionary. The sciatic nerve is one of the largest nerves in the human body starting in the lower back and traveling down the back of the thigh and leg down into the foot.
Of course, it would depend on the cause of the sciatica, but chiropractic has had great success in treating sciatica pain. It is one of the most common symptoms that brings patients into chiropractic offices. There are other causes of sciatica as well, it isn't always caused by a prolapsed disc. Muscle conditions can also cause sciatica. So upon performing a chiropractic and orthopedic examination, determining the cause of the sciatica a treatment protocol would be decided and treatment began. I would also mention that high powered therapeutic laser has had very good results in treating sciatica.
Hope this helps.

Dr Greg

24 Jan 2011 15:58 #5 by nothing wrong with me
Replied by nothing wrong with me on topic Welcome to Dr Greg Karraker DC-About us
I had the worst siatica about 10 years ago.
I could not sleep and had to try to sleep in a chair.
The pain was some of the worst I ever had.
It took about 2 or 3 days to get completely better but within one day,
I could sleep all without drugs by seeing my chiropractor.
Worked well for me.

12 Mar 2011 11:58 #6 by Jodi
October 2010, I had arthroscopic surgery on my right knee. After treating a damaged patella bone and cleaning up the ligaments, I thought I was recovering pretty well. But then I tried the laser therapy Dr. Greg Karraker recommended to promote healing and reduce swelling and scar tissue. I cannot tell you the difference the laser made in my knee. After 1 treatment the swelling had reduced and going down stairs became easier. My knee ligaments were not as tight. Each treatment made a difference in the movement of my knee. I had 5 sessions and my knee moves smoother and with less pain compared to the weeks of physical therapy. I am back to riding horses without a brace of any kind with no pain in my knee! That’s something I haven’t been able to enjoy for 4 years! Thanks Dr. Karraker for recommending this therapy. What a difference it made. I would highly recommend this therapy for any post surgical treatment!

23 Mar 2011 14:49 #7 by Ice
A friend pulled a muscle in her hand doing some exercise, can this be helped with laser?

28 Mar 2011 12:51 #8 by chirodrk1
Hello Ice,

It would depend on the type of injury your friend received to her hand. But muscle strains/ sprains respond very well to class IV therapeutic laser therapy. Have her give me a call or shoot me an email.

To Your Health
Dr Greg

16 Apr 2011 07:22 #9 by Crazy Heart
Do you have more info on how this works?
I tend to get worried about lasers unless I see how it actually does it.
I am one of those patients that you have hold their hand through everything however
I am interested in really looking at this.

18 Apr 2011 20:15 #10 by chirodrk1
Hello Crazy Heart,

It is good that you are cautious about new modalities or treatments.

I have posted several articles on how the high powered laser works, it is really very safe, and painless. I have been able attain some great results with many different conditions. You can look back on my forum and read the articles I have posted. I also put an educational video up for people to view. You may also want to visit my personal website rockymountainlasertherapy.com, you will find a lot of information on that website as well as testimonials.

If there are any other specific questions you have in regards to the laser or the types of conditions I am able to treat with it please do not hesitate to ask or contact me via email or my office.

To Your Health
Dr Greg

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds