Question for Dr. Greg.

03 Feb 2011 19:45 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Question for Dr. Greg. was created by CinnamonGirl
I am wondering what ailments Chiropractic care helps with. Do you do something different when treating something other than your back or is it just that your back makes your health better generally?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Feb 2011 16:32 #2 by chirodrk1
Replied by chirodrk1 on topic Question for Dr. Greg.
Hello CinnamonGirl,

Thanks for the question. Chiropractic treats a whole host of different conditions. Primarily most chiropractic physicians deal with treating the spine and in so doing also directly affect the nervous system. The spinal cord is housed inside the spine and sends nerve supply to every organ system and cell in the body. So when adjusting the spine and removing abnormal pressures from the spinal cord we can also have favorable results in treating many other conditions. Some of these conditions an be visceral in nature such as improvement with digestion, better sleep, more energy etc... Some of the primary symptoms that bring patients into my office are: Headaches, General back aches in the neck, mid back or lower back, sciatica, sprain/ strain injuries. I have also had great results treating auto accident related injuries, sports related injuries and work related injuries. I have also worked with many patients on setting up exercise programs and some nutritional counseling. I also do quite a bit of extremity work. I will work with manipulating the extremities such as hands and feet to bring about favorable results with conditions such as carpal tunnel, and plantar fasciitis. I have just recently been certified with a company known as Sole Supports in order to provide quality orthotics for a persons feet. I also have just recently added a high powered therapeutic laser to my practise. I am very excited about the results I am getting with this laser. I have posted an article on the therapeutic benefits of high powered laser therapy, it is very thorough on the treatment and effects of laser.

I hope this helps if you would like me to be more specific on a certain condition let me know and I will give you more information.

To your health,
Dr. Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds