Chiropractic and Infantile Colic - Karraker Chiropractic

18 Feb 2011 07:33 #1 by chirodrk1
One of the things I enjoy the most in my practice is being able to treat little babies. All three of my children have been adjusted since birth. They all received their first adjustment within the first 15 to 30 minutes of being born. The birthing process is one of the most traumatic times in our lives. One of the conditions I have been able to have some success in treating with infants is infantile colic. When parents bring these young children in everybody seems stressed. No one seems to be sleeping children or parents. My latest case was a little 6 week old girl that had not slept the whole night through since her birth. She also had acid reflux and projectile vomiting. The parents had taken their precious daughter to the doctors and had tried a couple of different medications to no avail. Upon hearing about chiropractic care for children from one of their close friends who happened to be a patient of mine, they brought their little girl in for her first chiropractic adjustment. I evaluated the little girl, talked to the mother about her symptoms and the baby then received her first chiropractic adjustment. I also recommended the mother began giving the little girl some dairy free ultra flora plus. A product put out by Metagenics that is a pro-biotic for the G.I. tract. I saw the mother and daughter about two weeks later. The mother reported that the baby had not had any acid reflux after her first adjustment for almost a week and a half. She had, had no projectile vomiting, and the thing the mother seemed also very excited about was the baby had slept every night since the adjustment, all night long. She had just started to have a little acid reflux before she had brought her back for her 2nd adjustment. This is one of many cases that I have been able to help and I'm excited to share with you. There are a whole host of conditions that children may have that respond very favorable to chiropractic care. I have included an article on infantile colic and some research that has been done showing favorable results with chiropractic and infantile colic. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about children and chiropractic.

To Your Health
Dr. Greg

Chiropractic Found Effective for Infantile Colic - more info at:
http://www.dynamicchiropractic.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=36406

File Attachment:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds