Ear Infections: How Chiropractic Can Help - Karraker Chiro

28 Feb 2011 12:50 #1 by chirodrk1
I saw this video and would like to share it with you as it reflects my experience when adjusting young children as well. I would have to agree that we as a society have over used antibiotics. I have a twelve year old son that has never had an antibiotic. He is very healthy. It’s not that I believe antibiotics should never be used, but I believe our society runs to them much too fast. There are side effects. In young children when they are placed on antibiotics it interferes with their ability to build their own immunity. It also destroys all of the good bacteria in the GI (gastrointestinal) tract. A good pediatrician will now usually get the child on probiotics to rebuild the GI tract, during and after a round of antibiotics. Many people have seemed to forgotten that we have our own immune system that is suppose to fight these sicknesses. In order to help build our immune response we have to let our body fight these sicknesses, this in turn makes our immune system stronger. There are many natural, holistic supplements, herbs and vitamins that can help this process and in the end it makes us healthier.

Children respond very rapidly to chiropractic adjustments. I have adjusted many children with many different maladies and have seen some miraculous results. Conditions that I have seen respond well to chiropractic care in children are as follows but not limited to: ear infections, ear aches, bed wetting, night terrors, leg pains or growing pains, headaches, scoliosis, torticollis (muscle spasms in the neck that cause the child to have a tilted head), sports related injuries (sprains/ strains) and fevers. It always surprises me when patients come in and get adjusted but never think about bringing in their children. Once a child begins to receive chiropractic adjustments it doesn't take long for that child to realize when he/she needs an adjustment and will go to the parent and let them know that it is time for them to go see the chiropractor. Likewise as a parent of a younger child, say age 0 to 3. They also will begin to recognize very quickly when their children need an adjustment because of the quick response and how much better the child is when they are adjusted. I will try and have some personal testimonies on, in the near future, of some of my patients that bring their children in. Until then I have found this video of a different chiropractor that is adjusting a young boy and I think it is a good representation.

To Your Health
Dr Greg

[youtube:38xg6fl5]
[/youtube:38xg6fl5]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Mar 2011 09:38 #2 by CinnamonGirl
I noticed that it helps drain my sinuses as well.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds