Some will, some won't

30 Apr 2011 23:29 - 01 May 2011 23:13 #1 by Get Fit_Feel Great
Exercise is essential to life, especially so one may have a good quality of life. Sure, you can get hit by a bus tomorrow, but you're just kidding yourself.
If you do not exercise properly, and properly is the key word here, you will most likely live in a constant mental and physical struggle.
Chronic pain, struggles with walking up and down stairs, shoveling snow, getting out of bed, getting up after sitting for awhile, etc., are commonplace.
But of course, you're just getting old, they say.
That's the mentality that is getting you to become old and decrepit.
If you want sympathy for your aches and pains, continue on your path.
Continue your passive treatments. Don't put any effort into it.
I met a man that had back pain. He had been working out for 2 years just so he could play golf. I asked him if his back pain had gone away. His answer was no, but he could play golf. Again, proper exercise would have helped him get rid of his pain, not just enable him to play golf.
I heard this one lady touting how well her back surgery went. When I asked her if she could ski again, she said no, "can't ride my horse anymore either, but I am healed." REALLY???
Are you having trouble tying your shoes, putting on your pants, squatting down to pick up something you dropped?
There are some people out there that just are physically active, then there are some that could be more active, then there are those that should be exercising properly, and then there are some that need to be exercising properly. Which one are you?
And yes, typical walking is better than nothing, but think about what nothing is.

[center:3rdn4d3s]Something to think about.[/center:3rdn4d3s]

[center:3rdn4d3s]To your health and fitness
Get Fit...Feel Great[/center:3rdn4d3s]
[center:3rdn4d3s]You won't regret it.[/center:3rdn4d3s]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 May 2011 11:46 #2 by lip sink
Replied by lip sink on topic Some will, some won't
Two questions
1- I have trouble getting started , it has nothing to do with time. If I force myself I do the same thing and get bored. Do you have any suggestions?
2-Do you have an exercise facility or only do personal training?
PS, I agree with almost everything you said.

01 May 2011 23:12 #3 by Get Fit_Feel Great

lip sink wrote: Two questions
1- I have trouble getting started , it has nothing to do with time. If I force myself I do the same thing and get bored. Do you have any suggestions?
2-Do you have an exercise facility or only do personal training?
PS, I agree with almost everything you said.

Hello LS,

1. Getting started can be tough, if you make it. Generally speaking, people tend to have a "good reason (excuse)" for not working out. Boredom is one of these. Not to be harsh on you, but you really want to focus on the positive aspects of what you are doing. There are so many ways to do a workout, it can be confusing.
For instance, what my client has told me is how she never knew what to do in the gym. She would go in, look at the equipment and said they looked boring and was confused on what to do. It did not matter what kind of equipment it was. So, now that she has worked out with me, she says she can go in any gym and have a great workout, no matter what kind of equipment or lack of equipment they have.
So, whatever you do, keep positive. Of course, there is no substitute for hiring a Trainer. You will learn workouts you may never see on infomercials, just by going to a gym, or learning from your friends and families.
And if you follow what a Top Notch Trainer has you do, you will get great results.

2. We are a Private Personal Training Studio. We also do a bootcamp which is going on at this time. You may join in if you would like. We just finished the 1st week of 7 weeks. Monday @ 4:30 PM and Thursday @ 5PM. Price is $12 per class.
Best wishes to you in whatever workouts you end up doing, but please DO IT.
You will like it when you get good at it.

To your health and fitness,
Sam Moy, ISSA CPT

Time to create page: 0.138 seconds