I am not a rat

30 Apr 2013 20:37 #1 by Blazer Bob
I am not a rat was created by Blazer Bob
.........."Or, if you are found to have high blood pressure, your doctor will almost certainly urge you to cut back on your salt intake. Why? Because doing so will lower your blood pressure slightly, and because high salt intakes cause hypertension in a certain strain of rats. But this negative strategy ignores two key points:

1.Increasing your calcium intake will lower blood pressure more than will reducing salt; and
2.In order for salt to produce high blood pressure in those rats, investigators had to first put the animals on low calcium intakes. The positive approach simply outperforms the negative almost every time.
Nutrition is still a young science, and we are a long way from knowing all that we need to know. Still, the positive approach seems the best strategy. Worry less about avoiding certain nutrients and concentrate instead on eating foods that will give you what your body needs for the long haul."............

http://www.siliconinvestor.com/readmsgs ... htype=Next

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Apr 2013 21:00 #2 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic I am not a rat
It just never seems to end, this is good for you and that's bad for you:

[youtube:3is0iwlm]
[/youtube:3is0iwlm]

Name your poison/super food:

Eggs
Butter
Tobacco
Red meat
Alcohol

Back in the 1980s I read one Danish study that said eggs and cheese are good for you. I also recall a Boulder Judge stating something along the lines of "...I think I'm a better driver after I've had a few drinks..." I took the liberty of combining those ideas to justify having a giant cheese omelet before skiing all day long with a few beer breaks mixed in every couple of hours.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

30 Apr 2013 21:17 #3 by Nobody that matters
Replied by Nobody that matters on topic I am not a rat

otisptoadwater wrote: having a giant cheese omelet before skiing all day long with a few beer breaks mixed in every couple of hours.

That's a typical day in heaven.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds