too much sun?

08 May 2013 16:53 #1 by Blazer Bob
too much sun? was created by Blazer Bob
I hope this one bites the dust.

Acutally I do not care. I have always thought that if cancer gets me let it be too much sun for $1000 Alex.

"

A Dermatologist's Worst Nightmare
Bonnie: Dermatologists are in lock step when it comes to the sun: avoid it like the plague! Unfortunately, this is very bad advice. Yes, being smart about sun exposure is crucial. But getting sun exposure is a necessity. At least 15 minutes without sunscreen, five days a week, is ideal.

Dermatologists will have their chance to lay into researchers at the University of Ediburgh, who's landmark study tosses the mantra on its ear when presented this week at the International Investigative Dermatology conference, the world's largest gathering of skin experts.

According to the researchers, exposing skin to sunlight may help to reduce blood pressure, cut the risk of heart attack and stroke - and even prolong life. They have found that when our skin is exposed to the sun's rays, a compound is released in our blood vessels that helps lower blood pressure.

http://www.siliconinvestor.com/readmsg. ... d=28883190

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 May 2013 16:56 #2 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic too much sun?
:jump: :jump: :love2: :love2: :woo hoo: :woo hoo: :gleeful: :gleeful: :skiing: :skiing: :Happywave: :happydog: :cool0012: :cool0012: :Cheer

From link:

"The findings suggest that exposure to sunlight improves health overall, because the benefits of reducing blood pressure far outweigh the risk of developing skin cancer. Heart disease and stroke linked to high blood pressure are estimated to lead to around 80 times more deaths than those from skin cancer."

08 May 2013 18:26 - 04 Jun 2013 21:56 #3 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic too much sun?
sun is good

08 May 2013 18:28 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic too much sun?
Moderation in all things? I know I get gloomy without sun exposure.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds