Are you as Physically Fit as you would like to be?

09 Aug 2010 22:48 #1 by Get Fit_Feel Great
:Happywave: :Happywave: :Happywave: :Happywave:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Aug 2010 06:28 #2 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Are you as Physically Fit as you would like to be?
I don't always have as much time as I would like but I do walk everyday. I have a friend that is very physically fit that tells me that is not enough.

10 Aug 2010 19:10 #3 by Nic at Night
just trying like everybody else, advice would be helpful.

12 Aug 2010 00:00 #4 by Get Fit_Feel Great
[center:3nmj9k61]

CinnamonGirl wrote: I don't always have as much time as I would like but I do walk everyday. I have a friend that is very physically fit that tells me that is not enough.

Without knowing what "kind" of walking you do and your background, I cannot tell you it is not enough. (Need to know the facts so as not to jump to conclusions).
All things being equal, if you find time to walk everyday, you "may" be able to do something else in place of walking maybe 2 to 4 times a week.

Let's take a look at some factors that influence your fitness level.
Your body does not care what you think, say, or feel. It only cares what you do to it or for it.
You've heard "proper nutrition and exercise" many times. What they forgot to say was "proper nutrition and PROPER exercise"

If it is easy, most likely it is not making you fit and healthy.
Your body needs a reason to change. Overloading it in a constructive way is part one.
Feeding it properly is part two. What do you eat and how often and when?

You cannot just try it, you must do it!
Make a life change and you will change your life.
Sure it's "hard". Only because one makes it hard. Change your attitude, change your life.
It may have been "hard" to start walking, but now it's just what you do.

One of my clients had a "hard" time controlling his nutritional intake. 4 weeks later, he now says it's just what he does now. Now it has become part of his life. His wife took to the "proper nutrition and proper exercise" almost right away and lost 3 lbs quickly, all bodyfat and gained .65 lbs of muscle.

The better you change your life, the better your results.
You've seen the infomercials "these results are not typical, these results are extraordinary"

What are your goals? Weight loss or bodyfat loss? Major difference!
Athletic conditioning? Look more toned? Have more energy? Make life's chores easier?
Whatever they may be, GET FIT...FEEL GREAT

With my programs, based on you and scientific research and "in the trenches training"
these extraordinary results are typical.

Tips on getting fit:
Look forward to their workouts and enjoy the changes you go through.
Have a positive attitude.
Read more books and magazines on workouts.
Play sports you used to do or want to do.
Always focus on what you can do, not what you cannot do.
Look forward to your next "fueling" (food intake).
Eat properly for your goals and activities.
If you know someone else with your same goals, have a friendly competition to see who can get there first.
Hire a trainer to make sure you are actually doing your body good, even if for a short time.
(over 90% of people do the biceps curl incorrectly)

These are just a few tips to get you started and focused.
Home workouts on tape, DVDs, etc., can work out just fine getting you started. It also depends on how fit you want to get and your current fitness level.

We offer Free No Obligation Consultations by appointment.
We have been serving the area for over 12 years. Our referrals come from Doctors, Chiropractors, Athletic Coaches, Acupuncturists, and of course, our own clients.
We can also rehabilitate you from injuries, neck pain, low back pain, carpal tunnel, sciatic pain, and hip pain.
Pre surgery conditioning and post surgery therapy is also offered here.

Call and schedule your consultation and check out our facility.
Bailey Massage and Fitness is a clean and healthy environment equipped to help you achieve your goals.
We don't use bling, special effects or gimmicks to "lure" you in. (may be distractions)
We are serious about your well being, and of course, while having fun.

Fitness Training, Workout Classes, Fitness Therapy, Senior Fitness, Sports Training, Tennis Lessons, Ski Instruction

Sam Moy, ISSA CPT,FT,YFT
This is the place where the owner works with you.
303.816.1945[/center:3nmj9k61]

27 Aug 2010 14:22 #5 by JMC
I had the pleasure of speaking with Sam the owner of Bailey fitness the other day and was blown away by his knowledge and insight not just into fitness issues but rehab and diet. The expertise that resides in these foothills is amazing.

31 Aug 2010 22:58 #6 by Get Fit_Feel Great
Thanks JMC. Your history and current health status is inspirational.
To your health. :thumbsup:

04 Sep 2010 09:28 #7 by Rockdoc
I'm in great need of nutritional help. I know my eating habits are not great. Compounding the matter is the fact that I spend half or more of the year overseas. Where I work is likely not conducive to good nutrition (no cooking facilities, limited grocery choices, dinning hall (read cafeteria food) with very limited choices. I want to loose body fat and exercising alone is not accomplishing this nearly quickly enough. I'd like to consult with you once I get home mid November. Meanwhile, I'll keep riding my bike to gain fitness. Yep, I have a nice muscle burn after my rides.

04 Sep 2010 23:23 #8 by Get Fit_Feel Great
Hello Rockdoc,
Losing body fat is a science in itself, rather than losing weight (which to most weight loss programs equals losing mostly muscle and some body fat). Yes it is very important to get the best combination of nutrients (mainly good proteins, good carbohydrates, and fat (saturated/unsaturated).
Another very important part of the puzzle is timing. When do you eat what and how much do you eat? Just because one eats "healthy foods" doesn't mean it is.
Let me know when you are ready and we can talk.

To your health and fitness,
Sam

18 Sep 2010 10:35 #9 by Nic at Night
How do you feel about supplements?

18 Sep 2010 23:51 #10 by Get Fit_Feel Great

Nic at Night wrote: How do you feel about supplements?

What supplements do you have in mind? Vitamins, Protein Shakes or Bars, Fat burners, Nitric Oxide enhancers, BCAA's, etc.? No need to ask about steroids. Because that would be a flat out NO.

Some things to think about.
What are your goals?
How old are you?
Are you really going to use them as designed?
Do you have any conditions that may warrant not to use them?
How good is your nutrition plan now?
When and how much do you eat on a regular basis?
And there may be more questions to ask, once these are answered.

So, depending on the type of supplement and person wanting to use them, it could be very beneficial. Of course, if you are younger, then most supplements would be out of the question.

Case in point, the energy drinks that kids (high school and under) are drinking now, in my opinion, is not good for them. These kids need to let their bodies grow and have energy naturally through good nutrition. Kids can have plenty, if not more energy without the energy drinks.
I remember the days when coffee was limited to adults.

In a case where an adult is having trouble getting enough protein to keep up muscle and metabolism, or to gain it, supplements are almost a must.

If you are going to take a supplement, don't take it based on an ad. Research it, and ask questions about it. If you do not use this supplement the right way,
well, you've probably heard it, then you will just have "expensive urine".

Hope that answers your question satisfactorily. Of course, if you want to get more specific, such as a particular supplement and why you want to use it, ask away.

Thanks for asking.
To your health and fitness,
Sam Moy, ISSA CPT
Serving our communities for over 12 years. :thumbsup:

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds